Have you ever experience suprise by an Elder that actually showed compassion and reasoning in a judicial committee?

by adjusted knowledge 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Some 25 years ago when I was an active teenager in the congregation there was this Elder's teenage son that acted out sexually at a young age. The elder's son I believe was molested over a short period of time at a very young age by another Elder whose wife was dying of cancer. The reason why I suspect it is because this Elder was caught and discipline "privately" for touching the breast of a 15 year girl in our congregation. In addition he was "counseled" for other acts but he never loss his title as Elder, and this was in the 80's.This young kid would spend the night at this elder's house to keep him company while his wife was dying. Now keep in mind this elder's children were grown adults. I'm not sure why a 9 year old that wasn't related to him needed to spend nights with him. Sounded creepy to me.

Anyway this Elder's son would touch both boys and girls in different age groups. He never got disfellowshiped as he was an Elder's child. He was always privately reproved. One incident happened when he was 14 and my younger brother was 15. They both engaged in oral sex. This elder's son would constantly do stuff like this with boys and girls and then tell on himself. So my father was upset and even blamed my brother and me because we didn't spend enough time with my younger brother. I'm not really sure how he equates me not playing basketball or whatever, with my brother getting a bj from another boy but that was my father's thinking. I guess you do gay stuff if you're excluded by siblings.

So my brother who wasn't and never was baptized and this elder's son were brought before a judicial committee. On the committee was this very cranky sour puss Elder. The type that would rant and rave on the podium about young ones not getting baptized are going to die in Armageddon. He was dogmatic and always ranting and raving about issues in the congregation. He was never married, had no children, and was a witness for nearly 70 years. I'm sure he was a little bitter paradise wasn't here yet.

However, this elder was very calm and explained to my father and mother that young boys sometimes experiment and that this was natural. He of course condemned the actions and read some scriptures. He was harder on the elder's son because of his past and both loss some privileges. My brother only gave bible reading talks which he was happy he didn't have to do. But my mother and father told me this Elder was very understanding and was not dogmatic. He was completely different in that private setting than he was in a public forum addressing the entire congregation.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    What the fuck is a is a 9 year old boy doing in that house at all? What are the parents even thinking that that is a good idea? That is one of the dumbest things i have ever heard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit