This is What I Would Need in Order to Believe

by cofty 496 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    According to you, God created one place where there is no free will and no evil (Heaven) and another place where there is free will and evil (the physical/natural world)

I never said that!

God created a physical world and a metaphysical world.

In the metaphysical world good and evil are isolated from each other (Heaven and Hell).

• deegee
    deegee

John_Mann,

Are you avoiding my questions?

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    Are you avoiding my questions?

No.

• deegee
    deegee

John_Mann,

"Our physical bodies and some features of our minds came to existence through natural laws.

Only our immortal soul was made to be an image of God.

Natural disasters are inevitable consequences of natural laws. And natural laws are necessary in a world that harbors free-willed agents limited in a physical world.

Evil can only be isolated (and even this is only possible by ceasing free-will). That's why Hell must exist. And that's why there's no free-will in Heaven.

Evil is inevitable and necessary in all possible worlds."

If God supposedly can create a dimension of existence (Heaven, the afterlife according to you) to be free from:

1. The evidence would not show beyond all doubt that the diversity of life rested on millions of years of relentless competition, death and destruction. Life would not have been all but wiped out in mass extinctions at least five times in its history.

2. The predominant economy in the natural world would not be parasitic and predatory. The world really would show the loving qualities of its maker without having to ignore the majority of the facts.

7.Natural disasters would not kill millions of earth's inhabitants. The planet would not be designed to destroy life.

- Why couldn't he do similarly for the physical/natural world?

- What's the point of creating a physical/natural world where 1, 2 & 7 exist if there is another dimension in which they do not exist?

- What does God get out of having these two dimensions of existence which have starkly different characteristics?

- If you had the option to create a dimension in which 1, 2 & 7 do not exist versus the option
    to create a dimension in which 1, 2 & 7 do exist, which option would you chose and why?

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Are you kidding me?

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Getting back to the original question. When I die and am suddenly resurrected on a paradise earth, or at the pearly gates, or perhaps in another dimension, I'll believe.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    Getting back to the original question. When I die and am suddenly resurrected on a paradise earth, or at the pearly gates, or perhaps in another dimension, I'll believe.

In my view you can't do that.

• cofty
    cofty

18 pages of evidence-free dogma.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    18 pages of evidence-free dogma.

Are you demanding scientific evidence for a metaphysical discussion?

Are you sure you are not a follower of Scientism? Because that's exactly what followers of Scientism do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientism

Why do you accept the one-axiom dogma of Atheism?

• cofty
    cofty
    Are you demanding scientific evidence for a metaphysical discussion?
    No I'm asking for reasonable responses to a few common sense observations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit