Journals or diaries..

by zeb 7 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

I have been keeping a journal for a long time. anyone else do this?

I have found that a diary helps to clear the mind of the events bad and good of the day in prep for sleeping.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think a journal or diary forces you to express the events of the day in writing instead of it all remaining in your memory in the abstract. Writing it all down requires a mental review and organization of it all.

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

I need to get back to it. It is a very good way to process information privately. I haven't done it in a long time because people kept reading them behind my back.

• steve2
    steve2

I haven't done it in a long time because people kept reading them behind my back.

That's not okay. Have you stated your objections to other's (presumably family members) reading your private information? If they disregard your objections, what do you then do? Why do you allow it to happen? Take steps to keep your private diary under lock and key (as in your own safe, for example).

• zeb
    zeb

..and i had a thought. Your journal is a record of the history of the day it is therefore unique.. just a thought..and i use pencil as I can check my rather terrible writing..

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

I was encouraged to journal after a period of mental illness. This was given to me as a help to get started.

• zeb
    zeb

You are not lost in the fog..You are standing in a field in the sunlight with a fresh cool breeze.

Well done there!

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

@Steve2 it was when I was a teen. My mom searched my room I guess. I didn't realize she would do that when SHE GAVE ME THE DIARY as a present. I had it hidden under my bed. When she started bringing up the things I wrote about, including crushes on boys... I threw it away. I started to again with an abusive ex... didn't go well there either. I developed a trust issue and then was just out of the habit. I saw that my daughter started a diary, saw her writing in it one night. I quietly just left the room. It's her private thoughts, I'll leave her to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit