I watched/listened to the Sandman's vid (Sanderson)

by days of future passed 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Yes, I listened to it. My sister has received the invite to watch this from a hopeful relative. It's been talked about here and on Reddit. So I listened while doing other things.

Near the end of this heartwarming speech, he quoted the August 15, 2015 WT. He read this paragraph:

7 But how bad do you expect conditions to become before “the great tribulation”? (Rev. 7:14) For example, do you expect that there will be a war in every country, no food on anyone’s table, and illness in every household? Under those conditions, even skeptics would likely feel compelled to admit that Bible prophecy was undergoing fulfillment. However, Jesus said that most people would take “no note” of his presence, carrying on with life’s normal activities until it is too late. (Read Matthew 24:37-39.) Thus, the Scriptures indicate that world conditions during the last days would not become so extreme that people would be forced to believe that the end is near.—Luke 17:20; 2 Pet. 3:3, 4.

So this is describing about any time in the history of man. There doesn't need to be full blown badness, just enough to make life difficult and there you go, the Time of the End. And I love the part about the skeptics - God wouldn't want to force people to know it was the end or to be too noticeable otherwise some people might believe him!

And lest you think that this isn't serious ignoring the signs, Jesus will show up and:

10 Many of us have been keeping awake spiritually for decades. However, let us not allow the passing of time to weaken our resolve to keep in expectation. We need to be ready for Jesus’ arrival as Executioner to end this system of things.

The rest of the article gives examples of people who waited years for the end to come but are still going out in service. Habbakuk is touted as someone who also waited a long time and didn't tire out and lose his favored position in God's eyes.

It's right in peoples faces that the WT is using a publication from 5 years ago to send them into a do or die situation. 5 years ago they said the same thing. 5 years from now, they will tout the Covid pandemic as another reason we know it's the end.

Sigh.

• jp1692
    jp1692

The WTBTS has been proclaiming “The End” since 1879.

That’s an awfully long time to be wrong.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

jp1692 .... Or it's an awful long time to give folks a chance to jump on the Watchtower train before Jah's Chariot pulls it out of the station... ALL ABOARD!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Can someone tell me what the WT/JW definition of "Soon" is ? also the definition of "Imminent " is ?

"Just around the corner" maybe a little harder ? and what about the latest ? "the last of the last days "?

• carla
    carla

jw's have different scenarios with the word 'soon'. They love to use it when talking about the big A, "soon, any day now..."

When don't they like it used the way they use it? "when are the kids going to clean their rooms?" soon.

"You going to clean the house (pick your chore here)?" soon

Funny how that word can have so many different applications and meanings.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

You know Jesus, the kind unjudgmental person that ate with sinners is now "JESUS THE EXECUTIONER"! and boy is he mad!

• sir82
    sir82
    Under those conditions, even skeptics would likely feel compelled to admit that Bible prophecy was undergoing fulfillment.

Think about this for more than the 2-3 seconds that they want you to think about it.

What is it really saying?

That God has given "signs", a warning, about the "great tribulation", but he doesn't want very many people to understand the sign. Based on what they've written, Jehovah would be displeased if "too many" people took note of the sign and changed their ways.

Jehovah, baaed on what they write, prefers to present a muddled, vague, unclear sign that most people will completely miss. So when he ends up slaughtering billions of men, women, and children at Armageddon, it will be because he purposely obscured his "hints" at what was to come, so that "not even skeptics" could be saved.

The Watchtower paints Jehovah as far more cruel, sadistic, and vindictive than even the OT Bible writers managed to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit