Sad stats Willoughby ohio ass hall

by nowwhat? 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Just a little fyi 900 attendance

2 kids baptised and $12000.00 in the hole. ( not my assembly)

• john.prestor
    john.prestor
    Assemblies always seem to cost a fortune even when nothing ever happens that should cost a dime (I get utilities, but that doesn't come to 12k for a weekend). They dont even serve food anymore.
  • HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

At the assembly hall in the South East I attend has a budget requirement (Expenses incurred at this assembly) Totaled $30,000.00 with an attendance of 2,100 or so...

The Elders were not happy about this and the Circuit Chairman explained to the audience that these funds were for other areas less fortunate and not a direct cost reflection of our assembly.

I actually appreciated the transparency...

It is still a TITHE no matter how you try to spin it though...

HP

• Half banana
    Half banana

"Other areas less fortunate," Do they mean the GB's blunder area?

So real transparency would read:

Expenses incurred at this assembly............ $1500

Court awards, penalties and and fines due to GB ignoring the welfare of their flock........... $28,500

This would bring home TTATT.

• Incognito
    Incognito

explained to the audience that these funds were for other areas less fortunate and not a direct cost reflection of our assembly.

I actually appreciated the transparency...

True transparency would involve providing a detailed accounts report for all actual costs pertaining to that weekend circuit assembly.

Charity collection for other areas and for WT is not an expense to holding that assembly and should not be disguised as such.

If funds are to be collected for charity purposes, then attendees should be able to choose if they wish to donate to those causes independent from any funds given to pay the true expenses for the circuit assembly.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Don't forget those charges are for one day. Double that for the weekend!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Other areas? In other words, communism. It is communism when you have to pay for everyone else's a$$emblies since it becomes communal property instead of the property of the congregation(s) that are actually there.

As I regularly state, they will get from me what they deserve. And that is nothing. If I have money to waste on other congregations' expenses, I have money to buy silver. (Or, if you don't already have them, basic hand tools such as basic screwdrivers, adjustable wrenches, and pliers.) If they wish me to explain or to commit to donating something I don't feel they are deserving of, I can only hope they understand German or some other language that is not commonly found around here.

• tiki
    tiki

Such crooks! 1000 people...2 days....expenses incurred the hvac...electric...sewer and water. No way that can go up to like $30 grand.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit