A great new podcast to listen to! "THE BIBLE says WHAT!?"

by stuckinarut2 6 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I know that many of us here enjoy listening to podcasts.

Here is a relatively new one I just discovered:

"THE BIBLE says WHAT!?" by Michael Wiseman.

(Find it on your podcast player of choice)

Very interesting to listen to the way that Christian leaders / pastors etc try and explain away or justify the troubling and horrific parts of the bible.

I have listened to a few episodes so far, and most of it sounds just like the things that JWs would say...

Enjoy!

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Thanks for sharing, sound interesting..

As side note, I'm starting one called "What?! the Bible really teaches..?!"

Just kidding but it would be a fitting play on the JW pub, showing the true truth (wait what? yeah sad when you have to explain it that way)

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Cool, I'll add it to my long list of podcasts to listen to, lol. Thanks man!

If you haven't tried it, you might find The Drunk Mormon to be interesting and entertaining. I know you're a fellow podcast fan in general.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks Dubstepped! I'll check it out!

• steve2
    steve2

Christian apologetics are alive and well. I recall one YouTube video from several years ago seriously arguing that the directions to God’s chosen people to “slaughter” inhabitants of other nations, including those dwelling in the “Promised Land” were metaphorical. The evidence? Examples were provided of how modern-day sports commentaries talk about one side “demolishing” their opponents. I kid you not - that was the level of defence against the charge of God commanding His people commit genocide.

Another defense - one alluded to by JW organization but never fully explored - is that we modern-day readers do not know the full story of the people who - whether old and infirm or children or babies - were slaughtered - and that it would an act of arrogance and pride to react as if we known everything about the “wicked” nations that were annihilated.

I i guess if what the Bible says about God’s violence is correct, it would be foolish to “question” Him.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8
    "THE BIBLE says WHAT!?" by Michael Wiseman.

WOW!

That was worth listening too. Very interesting.

Thanks, stuckinarut2

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

This guys is great. Well worth a look. Thank you Stuck for posting this.

I would love this guy to call a KH one day. All the diferetn ministers he has spoken to so far have been very receptive. I've heard many Bridget videos and she conversations don't last 5 minutes some times.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7FrIcfAfHHRr9ZkKSR11BQ/videos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit