The anointed are martyrs

by Listener 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Listener
    Listener

I didn't realize this Watchtower teaching before but they teach that the anointed (which include the Governing Body die a sacrificial death. What does that even mean? Fortunately, we have the Governing Body to explain that for us -

Watchtower 06 2/15 states

The apostle Paul later spoke of Christians’ being “baptized into [Christ’s] death.” (Romans 6:3) The anointed live a life of sacrifice. Their death is sacrificial in that they renounce any hope of everlasting life on earth. The baptism of these anointed Christians into Christ’s death is completed when after dying faithful they are resurrected as spirit creatures to “rule together as kings” with Christ in heaven.​—2 Timothy 2:10-12; Romans 6:5; 1 Corinthians 15:42-44, 50.

So, they die a sacrificial death because they give up life on earth.

The Revelation book also states the same, page 100

Indeed, all those who are begotten as spirit sons of God die a sacrificial death. Because of the role they are to play in Jehovah’s heavenly Kingdom, it is God’s will that they renounce and sacrifice any hope of life everlasting on earth. In this respect, they submit to a sacrificial death in behalf of Jehovah’s sovereignty. (Philippians 3:8-11; compare 2:17.)

However, the scripture they quote in Philippians likens this sacrificial death to that of Jesus, being one of suffering -

My aim is to know him and the power of his resurrection+ and to share in his sufferings,+ submitting myself to a death like his,+ 11 to see if at all possible I may attain to the earlier resurrection from the dead.+to see if at all possible I may attain to the earlier resurrection from the dead.+
    This can only mean that Jesus didn't die a sacrificial death due to his horrible suffering and excruciating pain, rather, it was sacrificial because he had given up life on earth.
    Also in the Revelation book pg 289 is this
    Certainly, Satan would like to have executed all of them with the ax, but, in fact, not all of Jesus’ anointed brothers die as martyrs. Many of them die of disease or old age. Such ones, however, also belong to the group that John now sees. The death of all of them is, in a sense, sacrificial. (Romans 6:3-5)

I knew that they taught Jesus death as a human was a trade for the sinful Adam and Eve and his life on earth needed to end for this sacrifice to be made. But for the 'anointed' to die by any means, their death is seen also being sacrificial is incredible.
  • waton
    waton

L: thank you for pulling those quotes together. the missing link in this scenario is, that according to John 6, it is the partaking that imparts the right to restored perfect life on earth, called everlasting life. It is this destiny that the anointed sacrifice. In other words partaking is really a prerogative of the Other Sheep, it should be they that keep and not sacrifice that destiny. ( jesus fed the emblems to people with an earthly hope, not anointed bsw).

Rev 20 adds another condition to rule with Christ for a 1000 years though, To be literally sacrificed with the axe. Just declaring your death as sacrificial, better than other demises just will not do., biblically. just trading everlasting life for immortality at your last breath?

How does wt writers think that all will eventually get everlasting life, the so-called OS, without feeding them the Bread and the Wine?

The memorial is supposed to stop being held at the outset of the great Tribulation, not into the 1000 year reign. will John 6 be declared null and void?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit