This place is the best!

by els 6 Replies latest jw friends

• els
    els

I have been on a different discussion board for these things called cluster headaches that I get. It's a good board with alot of really good info but it's kinda hard to break into. It's like they don't want to invest too much in you till they know you're going to stick around. You guys are so much more welcoming. I just thought this was a good time to say "Thank you". els

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Good to have you around.

Hope you enjoy your stay and find the abundance of posts here to be refreshing and informative.

• Francois
    Francois

Have you found a way to resolve your cluster headaches? I do hope so. I had migraines between the ages of about 6 and 32-33, when they sort of went away. And when I had a migraine - life had to stop until they were over. And there was no other option, either. I don't know why they stopped, but I'm certainly glad they did. I hope you've found your answer.

And welcome.

francois

• onacruse
    onacruse

els, yeah, this is a hopping board, eh?

Now, if we can just somehow get rid of that pesky Reborn and rascal Francois, everything would be perfect! LOL

Craig

• els
    els

Francois, Thank you for your concern. I am working on it. I'm taking Verapamil to try to prevent them but it is a blood pressure med and my BP started getting too low before I got up to an effective dose. My doc doesn't want me passing out somewhere. So he's trying something else. I take fast dissolve Zomig to abort them, works pretty good, about 15 mins, 20 tops. The problem is that insurance will only cover four at a time, for $30.00. I was getting hit with attacks up to 4 times a day so I was reduced to trying to only take it for the really bad ones and tough the other ones out. Most of the time I can get enough samples to keep me going. Breathing 100% oxygen for 10 mins or so will abort most of them but my insurance won't cover it so my husband is looking into getting it through the fire dept or the rescue squad for me. He has driven me to the fire dept. in the middle of the night a few times. He's a captain so he has a key and can get me in. Mostly I get hit between 9 at night and 9 in the morning so if I can squeeze in enough sleep I can funtion OK. And for me a cluster usually lasts 8 weeks or so. I'm 5 weeks into this one so the end is in sight. Sorry, that got kinda long. I'm glad you no longer have migraines, I hear they're a bitch also. I just wish someone would figure out what really causes these and come up with something that really works. Take care, els

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

els - WELCOME!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Spunky Chick, I only just realised you are on this board; you've only been here a little while, so: Welcome, yourself!

Els, good to see you here too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit