by slimboyfat 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Paul Grundy, jwfacts

David Reed

Duane Mugani (spelling?)

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder
    Ros or Rosalie passed away a couple of years ago. She was the editor of "In Search of Christian Freedom" and also served as an editor for AJWRB for many years. Though not a Jehovah's Witness, I rather doubt many have had as much influence as Dr. Osamu (Sam) Muramoto, M.D. who was the medical director of AJWRB for many years. His articles in the Journal of Medical Ethics, the Western Journal of Medicine, the British Medical Journal (too mention a few) served to educate the medical community regarding the blood policy and had a very big impact. Marvin Shilmer and Concerned Elder are two others that have made enormous contributions.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Stephanie Hammond...

http://www.apostatechick.com/

I could watch her eat popsicles all day. :smirk:

• Simon
    Simon

There are a few people that did what they could along the way but who are no longer with us.

Anyone remember JanG? She had a newsletter she used to send out.

We don't have to agree with everyone's message or approach but everyone does what they feel they want to and can.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson
    Quite early in the 20th century, in the southeast part of Africa, Joseph Booth and Elliott Kamwana, began to teach from Watch Tower literature, but incorporated their own ideas into the mix, advocating social change, which produced a lot of unrest among the native Africans. These Watch Tower movements were sometimes known as Kitawala and were particularly active in S. Africa, Nyasaland (now Malawi) and the Belgian Congo, (now Zaire). Of course, the Watch Tower Society, out of New York, had to scramble to distance themselves from these groups. For many years the bad reputation of these groups caused obstacles to the work of the Watch Tower Society.
  • Fernando
    Fernando

LOL SBF - Lloyd Evans... and some even took the bait...

"Fascinating stuff and makes me wish there was a similar volume looking at the key dissenters from JWs/Watchtower and the impact they had."

Could I nominate the eminently qualified TerryWalstrom for compiling such a compendium?

Hasn't Terry got a book out on Watchtower history?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

careful I'd be interested to follow up this defector from Taiwan!

I heard there was a huge breakaway in the Philippines too.

Lots of really interesting suggestions here from everyone.

I've learned a lot about Joseph Booth and Elliot Kamwana in the past few weeks - really fascinating stories.

Just a weird addition, but I read the other day how the inventor of Dungeons and Dragons was a JW. I wonder if he'd be worthy of inclusion,

Or president Eisenhower for that matter, although I don't think he ever really embraced the religion of his mother at any stage.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marking to read later, as I didnt catch this thread the first time around.

• Tallon
    Tallon

I'm a newbie to this site and therefore coming in late on this topic;

The following people use Youtube as a platform to expose the WT's flawed policies.

- Marc & Cora Latham

- Kim Mikey

- Marcus Vaughan (Ex- Wallkill Bethelite) - some of his videos are a real eye opener,

No doubt there are others who are on Youtube.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Re Lloyd Evans

I know Lloyd's approach isn't to everyone's cup of tea...but...I know of 2 JW's who have woken up due to JW Survey and his videos. So horses for courses and all that.

Re Paul Grundy

I'd argue that in recent times, post Ray Franz and Carl O. Jonsson, Paul is the most influential ex-JW dissenter. JW Facts is probably the most important single resource on the internet for research. He should be on any list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit