Thoughts About Individuality, Not Living Forever, and the Beauty of Knowing TTAT

by LaurenM 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• LaurenM
    LaurenM

So I guess I like to use this forum to kind of vent my thoughts to people who'd understand..but anyways, I realized I've been out six months now, and if you've read my old posts you'd know that I've made several "mistakes" so far. I've been kind of promiscuous and have gotten hurt...but despite all that, I feel like these past few months have been the happiest of my entire life! I finally know what boundaries are good for me and I just feel so..free! Free to believe and feel and do what is right for ME..not what "Jehovah" tells me to. I feel like I'm heading towards the life that I want, even though it's not the one my parents or "Jah" wants. It amazing how beautiful each day of life feels when you don't have the prospect of "living forever on paradise earth". I think life is like fireworks...it burns brilliantly and then dies..and I think the temporality of it all makes it ever the more beautiful. And I think paradise is HERE and NOW if we live our lives the happiest that we can, the way we want, sure there will be struggles, but those serve to heighten your appreciation of the good times...I've been taught forever that it is a sin to live the life you want, you must live the life Jehovah wants...but I know now that it's a sin NOT to..it would be an enormous waste of a beautiful, temporary existence. I only wish more people knew TTAT and could see it.....long post, but I really wanted to share my epiphany lol

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

I found my freedom, too, but in a different way. I researched, I read what others'interpretation of some passages are, I prayed and found answers. I see now they do not have the truth, and they are just false blind prophets, that block the way to God not only for themselves, but also for others.

I see the similarities between them and other christian religions that they so much criticise. Yes, they have some truths, but mixed with many false teachings, there is no big difference between them and others.

There is so much freedom in finding out there is no "organization" that you need to be a part of to be saved or in a relationship with God. God is alive, Jesus is alive and he promised us the aid of the spirit, what else do we need? what better help could we have.

This is the freedom I found. I do not asked myself for every little thing if it according to "the advice" of the "slave". I think for myself, I ask God directly for advice, and I trust my thinking and my intuition. I feel much more in connection to God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit