Secret Building Project?

by Mum 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

I watch a lot of ex-JW videos on YouTube and read many of the comments. Recently, I watched a video by an ex-JW whose videos I had never watched before. I don't remember his handle.

Anyway, there was only one comment posted at the time I watched the video. It stated that the person posting the comment had a son who was a volunteer for a building project of some kind for Watchtower, but he was not allowed to talk about it.

Has anyone else heard of this? Does anyone have any idea why they would want a building project kept a secret? They usually boast about new buildings.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

They tried to keep the facility in Argentina a secret but the Guardian broke the story. They are one of the secretive organizations that they always wardned against.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Not what I would expect but willing to be informed.

in the meantime, I’d be sceptical of unsubstantiated claims.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

There is a claim made allegedly by a JW who worked at the new Britain Branch site in Chelmsford, Essex.

The story goes that all the work was ceased temporarily and all but a few "key" personal were sent away from Chelmsford for a few weeks.

When they returned, the preexisting very large foundations of a building had been completed and entrance-ways and services installed into it. A building was then erected on top of what appeared to be a huge underground facility. Who knows????

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous
    The WTBTS is always very secretive about their projects initially. Only the most devout dubs are invited to them with the utmost secrecy.
    Then once all the prep is done they finish the work “in record time”. Same happened with their compound in Upstate NY, that took literally years to set up. Then once they started all the hard work and logistics was already done.
    I don’t know if they still call them quick-builds but having run overnight security for months on end on just one project, it’s not very quick watching concrete cure and builders set up all the underground plumbing and electric before the building gets erected.
  • Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Watchtower has always been into "prepping" and underground facilities. I couldn't believe all the underground and "secret" places when I was in Bethel. Lots of Paranoia in doctrine and actions.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I don’t think there is any value to the underground facility claim, as I said, the style the WTBTS likes to build in requires all facilities to be underground. Bigger buildings require larger setups. Commercial entities generally put things in the building or on the roof, but that requires a lot of highly skilled work and project planning, things commercial entities care about since they pay per hour (30-50% of a building construction cost is materials, the rest is labor). Building it underground gives you lots of time and space to make and fix poor decisions, especially if your workers cost nothing.

Hence why almost every Kingdom Hall has all their utilities under the ground without any access to actually replace them later on. The building is only designed to last 20-25 years and all the things that require a long time to setup are done first, that way they can claim a very “quick” building setup, rivaling that of commercial entities but done entirely by “volunteers”.

But all those people that are supposed to remain silent are skilled people that will work months before the event setting lots of things (water, electric, sewage, HVAC) up, and work months after dedication to fix issues after.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Who knows about their lakeside HQ in Warwick!?! It is very interesting their studios they are building for Jw TV Land.

• waton
    waton

With all the war talk from wt writers it is logical that they put their money/ designs where their mouth is and build where survival is most likely, in cave like structures well above flood level. I would do it given a choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit