2018 Conventions

by LogansRun 3 Replies latest jw friends

• LogansRun
    LogansRun

Did they release the 2018 district convention dates and cities yet, I checked the JW website and it only mentions Windsor CA for the region of the USA I was curious about.

• John Davis
    John Davis

Some dates and locations are up but not all as of yet. They probably won't put all up until a week or two. That will just make sure that congregations have had their official announcements before it is posted on jw.org

• LogansRun
    LogansRun

Good point , thanks John

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

They are organizing one in Quebec City from July 20 to 22nd. As I live 5 hours away from that place, I am seeing some JWs trying to get rooms for 4 nights in that area. Unfortunately, all of the low-priced hotel’s on WT’s list are already filled up. So the only hotels on the list that remain are those that go for 200$+ a night.

• 1,000$ on hotel (incl. taxes and parking space),
    • 150$ on gas
    • 400$ on food (family of four).
    • 120$ donations (10$/day/person)

Total of 1,670$

You may add some clothing and other small related expenses.

All that money and you get a trip where you are uncomfortably dressed most of the time. You are pressured by a tight schedule. You are forced to prepare your lunches and sit most of the time on uncomfortable seats. Keeping a constant eye on the kids so that they don’t breath too loudly. Feeling the persistent guilt about not taking enough notes. And finally, if you volunteered, you get the joy of working several hours, possibly missing the only good thing you might have had: time with friends and family!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit