How did you feel when you got baptized?

by Schnufti 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"when i was about to get baptized i was told that right afterwards you feel different."

Didn't feel it. I describe it as static on a tv set. Nothing!

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

I know women feel a little wet

As for me....wanted to be hung out to dry.

Had too much to drink the previous night and went under tipsy!

• steve2
    steve2

Almost in a state of feeling quietly terrified. I always thought I did not quite measure up and, once baptized, could no longer make excuses for my sinfulness. I was also hugely disappointed that my maternal grandparents, although at the convention in 1971, didn't make it to that part of the program. I chanced upon them later that day and my grandmother said she was proud of me. Funnily enough, I still wondered why they had not arrived in time for the baptismal talk. Looking back, I guess they would have been very tired after decades of attending assemblies, putting their life into the organization and not seeing the end.

• freemindfade
  • NikL
    NikL

Numb actually.

I don't really think I knew what I was doing.

Just did it because it was the thing to do.

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX

I got water up my nose and flopped around like a fish. I may have kicked one of the goons. :->

I remember the changing room mainly, and all the twigs and berries out in the open. I tried to change as fast as I could with my "manhood" to the walls. There were some old guys in there just flopping it around. I was like, WTF dude? At least try to be discreet...

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

1961: i was 13. i got dipped to please my mum---as dad was getting dipped at the same time.

also 6 other young teenagers in the congregation were too--i wanted to be part of the gang.

one of them--who was to become my pioneer partner a few years later------told me-- "before hand we will be asked 2 questions. you have to answer--NO"

but i think the aswers were--YES---just shows how much i knew what i was getting into.

• fiddler
    fiddler

It was November of 1973 for me and the changing TENTS were outside. OK, granted...it was Phoenix, Arizona but for a lifelong desert rat I felt COLD! I also was told by my study person that I'd feel the Holy Spirit thing...I didn't. My father was df'd at the time and stood in the back of the hall (it was at a kh that had a baptismal pool under the stage) so it was also bittersweet. I remember going home afterwards and looking at the yard, my home, the sky and for the next year kind of dreading the arrival of 1975 because I still didn't feel good enough to survive. Oh, and I was 16....just a kid still.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

I got dunked so that I could "court" a pioneer sister. I was 16 at the time, with no plans to be a model dub. I had not a spiritual bone in my body.

Until some hellduh decided a swim was in order to even speak to this mega spiritual lady. So i was baptized at Scarborough arse-embly. My now wife was sooo proud of me I got a kiss and a cuddle that evening! Was worth every molecule of water.

Both been out for nearly 10 years now, and much happier. Would we change anything? No.

• eewx2
    eewx2

I remember feeling excited and proud. Thought my parents would be proud. I was only 13. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Took me close to 22 years but I left. Now THAT was the best day of my life. (J/K-but it does rank up there with getting married and bearing children. LOL)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit