Do any of you still have contact with the witnesses?

by Snoozy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I have a daughter of a old witness friend that I knew since she was born. she obviously has mental problems like her mom did so I just go with it . She is a sweet kid but was recently hooked on pain pills bad. She decided to go cold turkey alone to get off them but not sure she really went off them. Anyway she is driving me nuts with the Jehovah talk. I love talking to her but she is so dramatic at times..Extreme in her thinking..Her JW mom had a affair when she was young and left her kids with the dad. She had a bad childhood but having been taken to the KH when young still feels like she has to be a witness to be accepted so she is trying to go back . She is studying with a sister. She attends meetings on line.. Her mom is a witness again now and living in California but the brothers there called her ex husband here and said she is looney bins..they don't know what to do with her it ..I find that funny.. :). anyway seriously she says her disfellowshipped but trying to go back also dad tells her she shouldn't talk to me being that I wrote my letter of resignation years ago and do not believe it is the truth as they say. Sometimes that comes out in talking to her . the thing is it is reminding me of what my now deceased JW hubby used to say to me all the time about how I was going to die at god's hands if I didn't come back to "The truth". Plus a lot of other bad stuff. I am going have to break it off as I can't go thru it again. I can sense she feels guilty talking to me yet she always tells me she wishes I was her mom . In a way it is kind of ironic because it is usually them that breaks it off with 'Worldly People". Tired of hearing all the negativity from her and feeling it is time to move on. She is bedridden mostly so has lots of time on her hands and she plays all kinds of mental games with herself. I want to think happy thoughts and enjoy the rest of my life..not be reminded ot painful past memories of the JW's and their evil ways.. If you are still associating with them how do you handle it? Don't they depress you and wear you down?.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"When you see crazy coming....cross the street ! "

• Simon
    Simon

Don't allow people who wallow in drama to drag you down.

You don't owe them anything regardless of whether they are family or not, so don't put up with their nonsense. It does wear you down and can risk costing you real money, time and energy.

Move on and don't feel bad for leaving them to the life they choose.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

“Move on and don't feel bad for leaving them to the life they choose.”

I have to agree with that, if it is getting you down.

Actually dubs run the full range of “sensibility “ from the reasonable to the totally crazy . I am lucky that my nearest is reasonable and caring ( and openly critical of the GB , in private)

You have my sympathy my friend but don’t let other people’s problems become your own…

• carla
    carla
    If you must talk with her then tell her you will not discuss anything jw related. If she brings it up tell you have to go, say goodbye and hang up. Keep doing it until she gets it. Or do as the previous posters say and tell her that her negativity is affecting your well being and you just can't do it anymore.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    If you are still associating with them how do you handle it?

I don't, so it isn't a problem.

Don't they depress you and wear you down?

They would do, but I just don't have anything to do with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit