Un-Witnessing

by Slidin Fast 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

As you get older it seems, your medical needs slowly escalate and you find yourself more and more in front of medical professionals, at least that’s my experience.

Inevitably the question of blood arises. As a staunchly stuck in PIMO, I relish the chance to educate these people about the reality of the HLC and it’s policing function for dubs. I continue with the implications of my decision to take blood in extremis being entered on my medical records and the ‘higher’ duty for JW nurses etc to snitch if they came across these.

To see their faces when they hear about the automatic shunning following a blood use event because of course we don’t d/f for this anymore is brilliant.

It’s such an opportunity to tell the truth and hopefully undo the propaganda spread by the HLC.

I love it. Anyone else?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Already had a chat with my Dr. 😇

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    SF - As you get older it seems, your medical needs slowly escalate and you find yourself more and more in front of medical professionals, at least that’s my experience.

I'm not sure where you reside, but here in my part of the UK, it's near impossible to get to speak to an NHS doctor at the practice I've been at since I was a bairn.

I have not had need to mention blood when I have been lucky enough to get to speak to a Doctor, usually on the phone.

Every 2 years NHS send me a bowel cancer screening kit.

So far so good. The mysterious virus of 'unknown origin' thing did not exactly do any good to the NHS.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

unwitnessing--ha ha, that is what I did for 2 months before I disassociated. I reported the time I was telling/showing people from the Bible what was a mess about the JWs

• blondie
    blondie

I only bring up the topic if the doctor does. I have removed all ID about being a jw, replaced HC POA, legally filed new with doctors, clinic and hospital with written verification they have it on file. I check every year to see if it is still in force. I have talked to surgeons over the years and many are aware of the WT policies about blood, just to make sure of their own legal responsibility and how to make sure it is legally filed. So many non-jws have little if any real contact with jws behind their "sweet" and deceptive talk. Many ex-jws had to educate the lawyers that were helping them with the abuse cases, providing copies of the elder manuals to start with and explaining the hidden meaning behind the scenes. Make sure your family knows too (some danger in doing that I understand).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit