Holiday excuses vs. corruption excuses

by crinklestein 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

OK. JW's always say that the reason they don't celebrate any holidays is because they have some root in evil or satanic or pagan things. Christmas was a pagan festivul, Halloween is a pagan ritual, birthdays are bad because 2 people were killed in the bible during a birthday celebration, mothers day is because of goddess worship etc etc etc

But if belonging to something or practicing something is wrong because of it's evil past and there is no excuse good enough to celebrate or practice any of those things why is ok to keep serving the WTBS? And why are the excuse, "Well they've made mistakes in the past but they're improving," or "It's an organization of men and men can make mistakes," acceptable excuses?

The WTBS has roots in satan worship and alcohol! The founder was a KNOWN Mesonic and has a masonic pyramid at his gravesite! He was a known abuser of alcohol. He may have also been an adulterer and pedophile.

So if they say it's ok to overlook the satanic and sinful beginnings of this organization not to mention the CURRENT sinfull practices of it then why is it that they can't overlook the pagan beginnings of these holidays?

I'd like to see one of them answer THAT question!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Wedding rings are pagan in origin. Yet the JW's do not object to wearing wedding rings. You see, JW's are hypocrites in that they pick and choose what they want to classify as right or wrong, and never have an even administration of so-called justice.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"The WTBS has roots in satan worship and alcohol! The founder was a KNOWN Mesonic and has a masonic pyramid at his gravesite! He was a known abuser of alcohol. He may have also been an adulterer and pedophile. "

A bit too quick here, perhaps? If Russell had been such a known Masonic, it is strange the question is debated 100 years after, and only a handfull seem not quite to have understood what he was trying to say in the Convention Discourses.

I never heard he touched alcohol. Maybe you are confusing him and the Judge?

"roots in Satan worship and alcohol" .............. Hmmmmmmmmmm.... Please, don't make yourself your own worst enemy; I fail to see how such a start could aim at starting a debate.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Oops, my bad. I'm always confusing Russel and Rutherford. My mistake. Rutherford was the alcoholic BUT Russel WAS a Mason and DOES have a Masonic pyramid at his grave site and posted Masonic symbols on his literature. That's not incorrect from the information that I've seen. Now I know Rutherford was the alcoholic as well as other things but the JW's do have a basis in a religion that worships Lucifer. So if they can't celebrate Halloween because of demonic roots than the JW's should be off limit as well. But it's not.

Thanks for your clarification but you could be a little more polite about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit