Governing Body's Reply in Support of Its Motion to Dismiss in Hines v. Watchtower

by DNCall 1 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DNCall
    DNCall

The Governing Body's Reply to Hines' Opposition to their Motion to Dismiss appears to address the various elements in the Opposition including case law cited by Hines. It's now up to the judge to determine which party will prevail. The judge has up to 60 days to make such determination but it has been stipulated that the return date for the parties to return to court is tomorrow, April 13th. The Court may continue (delay) this date. I'm not sure what form this hearing will take, whether oral argument will be allowed or not, whether the judge will have made a decision, etc. If the motion to dismiss is granted, the GB wins, pending any further action by Hines. If the motion is denied, in whole or in part, the case can proceed. This is a broad picture. The actual outcome remains to be seen.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I for one will be very interested to hear the result of this skirmish. I think the argument raised against WT was compelling. So am in your hands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit