Omg New Borg Kingdumb Song, they went all Lion King theme Lol

by MrsR-Awaken 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    This is not the religion I grew up in. Which is probably the point. They are making decisions now that will ultimately transform the religion into something very different. They have to go slow. Their hope is the the old-timers die off sooner than later.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I think the MTC knows the words without songbooks, but I could be wrong. I do know that they have a much better choir, however. Seeing a JW choir at all is a bit jarring to my memories. . . I remember an orchestra a couple of times, but rally, the songs were enduerd, not celebrated. By the looks of things, they are they are under an illusion that they are musicians and composers now. They need to get over that idea. And if your choir knows the lyrics, it looks stupid to hold songooks that are chaep and tacky.
  • NCC-1701
    NCC-1701
    To whom is the praise directed?
  • A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer
    The music sounds more.. "Commericalized". Probably not the right word but what I mean is that they're trying to make it more appealing to everyone. Long gone are the days when you had full orchestra arrangements and melodic songs, now here are the synthesizers, more rythmic, catchier tunes. Personally, I liked the sounds of the older songs from the brown book better. But it could just be nostalgia.
  • Landy
    Landy
    The 2nd sister from the right standing in the top row is hot!!!

The one below her on the end has some serious eyebrow movements going on - I wonder if she's Stephen Lett's daughter?

• MrsR-Awaken
    MrsR-Awaken
    Yes I agree I miss the old brown song book. I guess because that's the one I grew up to. But either way I don't recognize this religion anymore and its making me just want to get away from it. So many changes that I really can't understand and its not only because of the changes that I awoke, it's because I have gotten hurt by people in this cult, I have had enough with people being so judgmental. This is not the truth!!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

NCC-1701.... You win the prize for the best comment!

Fantastic comment indeed! Are they trying to get praise for themselves?

(cool username by the way!)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

**This is not the religion I grew up in. Which is probably the point. They are making decisions now that will ultimately transform the religion into something very different. They have to go slow. Their hope is the the old-timers die off sooner than later.**

They have to go at it very slowly. I think the Borg is going to introduce to the rank and file things they aren't ready for, yet. Have to go slow.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton
    It's cringeworthy for sure. No harmony really.
  • Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

What really scares me is song 146. (Also on youtube with lyrics)

first line something about 'anointed heavenly bride'

chorus:

if you comforted them

you comforted me

if you did it for them

you did it for me

your labour for them

is labour for me

if you did it for them

you did it for me

you did it for them

you did it for me

I think the r&f will understand this as: 'do everything the faithfull slave* says, because you do it for Jesus himself'

That chorus will be song three times. Brainwashing, anyone?

*I think the r&f still don't get that 'the anointed' is not the FDS anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit