Stop Jehovah's Witnesses from posting outside of Disneyland

by Roberto Carlos 35 Replies latest jw friends

• baker
    baker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvgVNgazpA

Attendance is down at disney, maybe because of this alligator attack and the fact that Orlando has had a terrorist attack recently, Not to mention the 5 travelers killed in Fort Lauderdale at the airport by an ex alaskan Army National Guard who was fired in Aug2016 and was a security guard. Just another kook, but just adds to vacationers worry in general about being attacked in Florida. Wonder if attendance is up in Branson? Oh wait, why don't I just google it, well what do you know, a record year 2016.

More than 20 million people visited Missouri State Parks in 2016, setting a new attendance record, Gov. Jay Nixon announced in a news release Wednesday.

• just fine
    just fine

I got the standard response that they will look into it and review the permissions given. Meaning the JWs have permission to be there. I didn't mention the child abuse issue. I talked about the shunning issue and the homophobia and how the happiest place on earth should be one of inclusiveness and tolerance, not hate. Maybe if they hear from enough rational people......

• azor
    azor

Baker what the hell does that YouTube have to do with this subject.

• steve2
    steve2

"Steve 2 is it the method he is using that you oppose or the idea of signing a petition to get thern removed?"

Thanks for your question, azor.

Answer: I oppose both. City ordinances aside - which vary widely from State to State and country to country - JW cart work is not illegal and/or a public nuisance; in fact, one of the main criticisms levelled against the Witnesses is how very little contact they have with passersby when they are staffing the literature carts/stands. The only thing I can conclude from the OP is that he himself opposes any public JW ministry.

This reminds me of what some churches tried to do some decades ago: Complain about the JW door-to-door ministry and seek to have it banned.

I am no supporter of JW organization - but will not support anything that opposes their lawful right to disseminate their literature - just as I would not oppose any other registered religious group from doing the same.

I agree totally with j134cd: If the OP is genuinely concerned about child sexual abuse, he would also raise hell about Disney - but I think the OP is simply using the child abuse controversy within JW organization to piggy back his views on that organization.

Lastly, I note that Roberto Carlos who started this thread has posted only once. What is his motivation for seeking to ban JWs from having literature carts outside Disneyland? ? Is he one of these posters who uses this forum to promote his own "work" but otherwise does not engage with other posters? I just wish people like him were upfront about their intentions.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Stop Jehovah's Witnesses from posting outside of Disneyland..

JW`s, a Religious Cult with a Huge Pedophile Problem..

Are Cart Preaching outside of a family theme park, Filled with Children..

Image result for what could possibly go wrong?.Image result for Dastardly dan

• azor
    azor

Steve2 - I understand your position now. I disagree and believe it is especially appropriate to dispute strongly carts on private property like airports, outside a theme park, indoor malls, even public streets outside hospitals.

I have seen all of the above. The last one was on the public sidewalk just outside the entry to a children's hospital where my son was getting chemo for leukemia. Damn ambulance chasers. They give lawyers a run for their money. I complained to the hospital and they left after hospital security approached them. I also complained to a local mall about scientologists having a kiosk in the center of the mall.

I believe all religious institutions not just JW's should be opposed on publicly paid for property. As should their charitable status. Any organisation that acts in opposition to the U.N. charter that addresses freedom of and from religion. JW's, Scientologists, and other groups like them that practice shunning should be a principle opposition by pro freedom loving people, so as not to take advantage of our freedoms to enslave people and their progeny.

Outlaw - excellent point.

• Landy
    Landy
    Disney isn't interested in fixing this. I had tickets and asked them to stop the JWs from doing this or refund my ticket price. They refunded my ticket price........

Good - I would have refunded your ticket price as well. Only less politely.

Where on earth did you get the idea you can blackmail a business into obeying rules you arbitrarily impose?

• steve2
    steve2

it is especially appropriate to dispute strongly carts on private property like airports, outside a theme park, indoor malls, even public streets outside hospitals.

Yes, I would agree azor that if the cart work is on private property, there could be grounds for opposing it - but it would be the property owners who have the right to either allow or forbid JW carts.

However, I notice that in the above quoted sentence, you mention "private property" and then "public streets" - two very different types of venue. Regarding public areas, most city ordinances have detailed by-laws on what is and is not permissible. For example, locally JWs and others, including buskers, cannot use shopping mall space but can use the closest public spaces near malls - provided they do not obstruct foot traffic (among other by-laws).

Locally, members of the public cannot oppose public spaces being used by individuals or groups who operate within the law UNLESS those individuals or groups violate any by-laws (e.g., objectionable signage, taking up excess available space, objectionable noise levels, etc.).

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Locally, members of the public cannot oppose public spaces being used by individuals or groups who operate within the law UNLESS those individuals or groups violate any by-laws..

Why not?

• azor
    azor

Steve2 the jw's were recently in an enclosed mall near my home in Ontario, CA. The scientilogists had a kiosk full of their books inside the Glendale, CA mall. It is my right as a customer to bring attention to the objectionable nature of the groups pitching their beliefs at the public.

Anyone can oppose a group/groups utilization of a public space. I also find their signage highly objectionable as do many others.

Another question for you Steve2. Would you feel the same of the KKK, Jones's, heavens gate or any other dangerous cult political or otherwise, were utilizing your public or private spaces to recruit innocent passersby?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit