FEB 2016 broadcast

by Grey Goose 126 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS

Oh, so if I put more garlic on my bread, then that will make Jehovah sad and he will kill me at Armageddon. I see. But garlic is proven to be pretty much the very best antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-fungal superfood that there ever was. And it’s used quite properly in, um, oh, what’s that called again, . . . . garlic bread! What a profoundly stupid illustration.

And if anyone has “sinned against the holy spirit,” it should be the Watchtower leaders themselves. Why do I say that? Well, consider this: They have been demanding that families shun their own flesh and blood just for the so-called “crime,” or “sin,” of accepting an emergency blood transfusion for themselves or their baby children, or for any other of their umpteen stupid self-contrived petty rules, all of which have caused many countless deaths (from forbidding blood transfusions, organ transplants, and inoculations/immunizations), suicides (disfellowshipping), as well as unnecessary imprisonment (“superior authorities” and neutrality) and horrific persecution (Malawi and that damn little government “party card” thing) – and, too, not to mention playing God with millions of people’s lives through those and other zillions of their man-made and continually flip-flopping doctrines and policies without so much as a single honest and sincere apology (deliberate arrogant hubris)!

Now, I’m no expert scholar or anything, but I would say that the longstanding history of the actions and attitude of the Watchtower leaders are much more significant and culpable than just the ordinary day-to-day “sins” committed by us all. I mean, how many people have you absolutely traumatized or actually killed today?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

SAHS...I'll drink and have a slice of garlic toast to that!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The biggest apostate and disloyal traitor to god I can think of would be the leaders of the Watchtower Corporation.

Using the giving illustration of Judas being cut off from any possible salvation and getting tossed in the garbage, it looks like the WTS heads are in deep serious trouble.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    I have it on good authority that the March 2016 broadcast will include a new explanation of the "Overlapping Generations" theory using cinnamon french toast and a waffle iron.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I just find it totally ironic. About how Jesus in the Bible fed 5 thousand people only using a couple of fish and three loaves of bread.

It's just totally ironic that the Borg is using what Jesus used to feed people, to be simply used as an illustration then discarded.

• Listener
    Listener
    For the purpose of the illustration it was not necessary to dress two men in pretty bow ties then say they are not really waiters but are from the writing department. Something is very fishy about this. It could be that the GB helper wanted to make it known that they have their own lackeys or that the writing department are really the ones in control (and just look at the stupid things they can do).
  • prologos
    prologos
    BOC: Generations" theory using cinnamon french toast and a waffle iron. not fresh french but stale and waffling all the way. it is really going to be stale by 2075 according to the Splane/Franz scenario shelf life [temporary] expiration date.
  • Listener
    Listener
    He wouldn't have wanted to put the talk off until next week, the bread would be stale by then, another week and it would be mouldy. The bread will spoil all on its own.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Recently we've had a member share experiences at Bethel who pointed out how position means so much inside Watchtower world. This video thing shows that in living color. When the two men walk onto the set carrying bread loaves the guy with the mic MAKES A POINT of sharing these men who may look like waiters are not actually Bethel waiters (as if anyone CARED!!!) but are, actually, hold on for it... secretaries for GB helpers. Oh my! Thanks the lord!!! I was hoping those two men were not Bethel waiters! I can now breath a sigh of relief for those two! Thanks God they are NOT Bethel WAITERS!

Now why on earth was pointing out that necessary at all? Because at Bethel position is everything.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

WT's own Benefit From Theocratic Ministry School Education book states on page 247 regarding the use of visual aids:

'A visual aid often makes a clearer or a more lasting impression on the mind than does the spoken word'.

And par 6 page 249 comments:

'Our objective in using visual aids when speaking and teaching is not to entertain. When a dignified visual aid is used, it should give visual reinforcement to ideas that deserve special emphasis. Such aids serve a useful purpose when they help to clarify the spoken word, making it easier to understand, or when they provide strong evidence of what is said. Properly used, an apt visual aid may make such deep impression that both the visual aid and the point of instruction are remembered for many years.'

Conclusion of the matter: Although it was a tad entertaining and comical, Kenneth Flodin's use of the bread, garlic, mud and poison, among other things, added more confusion to the seriousness and gravity to the different levels of sin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit