FEB 2016 broadcast

by Grey Goose 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It's not enough that the religion reduces people in illustrations to livestock (sheep and goats), now they're demoted to being pieces of bread that can neither think nor move.

The real "take away" from Flodin's illustration is this:

• Getting bread dirty is bad.
    • But, getting bred dirty is good.
  • My Name is of No Consequence
  • lanalonger
    lanalonger

Yes, sinning against the holy spirit was defined. "Willfully denying an outright manifestation of Jehovah’s holy spirit."

Grieving God’s holy spirit and blasphemy or sinning against the holy spirit is not the same, and that is a large part of the point of the illustration.

• sparky1
    sparky1

WHEW!!!!!! At least these illustrations don't apply to me. I'm GLUTEN free for medical reasons.

• sparky1
    sparky1

" I would like to introduce you to Brother Slice of Bread. He may look like a slice of bread but he is actually a secretary to a secretary to a helper to one of the Overseers of the Baking Department here at Bethel. You may now break into a chorus of 'Happy at Bethel'. Thank you Brother Slice of Bread." - Ken Flodin (Complete loser in the real world)

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Its also funny in that I guess the average JW cant understand pretty simple examples without STUPID illustrations.

I.E. Bread, or 2 pencils (to understand overlapping), or a big chart - again to help understand the complex idea of 2 things overlapping.

Next maybe Elmo and Big Bird can help us understand really complex things like 607 :)

• diana netherton
    diana netherton
    Someone needs to start a thread with the most ridiculous things that come out of this organization. This would probably top it -- along with the tight pants. I love the beginning with the baker.
  • SAHS
    SAHS

“ttdtt”: Next maybe Elmo and Big Bird can help us understand really complex things like 607.

LOL!!!

• SAHS
    SAHS

“ttdtt”: Next maybe Elmo and Big Bird can help us understand really complex things like 607.

LOL!!!

• SAHS
    SAHS
    Whoops! My first double-post. All well. There’s apparently a first time for everybody. Sorry, folks. [Insert a really embarrassed, red-cheeked emoticon in your mind – I couldn’t find one.]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit