Are photos allowed as evidence at a JC? Thought they weren't-re: pale.emporer thread.

by PaintedToeNail 6 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I thought that photos weren't allowed as proof of sin to the JC because they can be faked. Same with audio recordings.

This thread in response to the pale.emporer thread where his sister-in-law snooped on his computer, found his info from here and took pictures of it. If the photos and recording are not allowed for a JC, this could be valuable info to anyone else who has a sneaky relative trying to 'out' them with photos or recordings.

Anyone have any info on this?

• sir82
    sir82

Only acceptable forms of "evidence" in a JC are:

-- A confession heard by 2 or more witnesses

-- 2 or more eyewitnesses to an act of "wrongdoing"

In the scenario presented, I think it would be sufficient (in the JC setting) for "2 eyewitnesses" to testify that they saw incriminating forum posts. I have no idea how they would be able to "prove" that a particular real human being was tied to a particular forum account, though.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I had an elder take photos of my decorations, so I know they will use them. He did bring them out, I cut him off before he could, but I admitted to it anyway. But at any rate, I saw him take them.

I also know second hand of pictures being sent from one cong to another of someone staying over night at a house. I guess the pics were of the car in the driveway, I never saw them.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Are photos allowed as evidence at a JC?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/5d/64/ca/5d64ca798706140fe80ad1eeed6ea4e2.jpg

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I believe the "elders book" says circumstantial evidence can be used. Bottom line is that those three elders can do any damn thing they please.

Doc

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

What Doc said. I mean, if memory serves they can have evidence that a person of sexual immorality by watching from a car as someone else's car is observed overnight at your house. There's no real evidence of sex, but it doesn't matter. Ultimately it's up to whatever 3 men decide on any given day. After all, God's spirit is directing them, right?

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Thanks for the info everyone. If the borg headquarters were questioned, they would probably allow it for apostasy JC's, but not other matters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit