Why Are You Here?

by Believer 133 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

At first I wondered what that meant but watching the progression of many exJWs evolve or devolve from blind faith to no faith seems to be the answer. Of course there are many who evolved from blind faith to true faith but those believers are relatively quiet here.

believer if i understand it correctly you are saying that being a JW is blind faith?

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    There are also many that don't like to let statements that are unsupported by evidence stand unchallenged.

But Joe we all know those statements are unsupported by evidence. Everyone here can read them and see that. We don't always need someone to wave a red flag and say unsupported statement here!! Sometimes it's tedious, especially when someone is new. Let them at least settle in I say.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

But in time, they are required to turn that into blind faith, i.e., “following their directions whether they are sound from a human standpoint or not.

do you think this has always been the case or just recently?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Help me to understand the Bible, and OH boy how it help me in my critical thinking.

The subjects that are covered here, from the first book of the Bible to the last. How

many people thought about the distance to the promise land that took 40 years(less then 400 miles),

the little boat (ark),why a talking snake and not a parrot. You folks are the only ones I can come too

and get answers on the Bible.

• Believer
    Believer

Ucantnome,

do you think this has always been the case or just recently?

I think its gotten progressively worse, but probably has been around a while. I remember years ago, going door to door and meeting ‘apostates.’ They got it long before I did. I just couldn’t see it. And I suspect many active ones now can’t see it ... yet. So while its been there for some time, its getting to the point that its impossible to deny.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

blind faith

belief without true understanding, perception, or discrimination (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/blind-faith)

Believer I don't think my father accepted the 'truth' without true understanding. When he accepted it he accepted it skeptically at first, but he was as sure as he could be that it was correct with the true understanding of the good news regarding 1914. I think that suggesting that it was blind faith gives the impression that people like him gave little thought to it.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Because i hate the Jehovah witness borganization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the LYING, FILTHY DISGUSTING, MING CONTROLLING, SMALL PENIS GOVERNING BODY!!!!!!!!!

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Updates pretty much. I like to hear what's going on with court cases, property sales, and all the looney teachings that are happening.

Some of the posters on here still bring out great points that I plan to use when I meet a dub on the street or at my door.

This site is also great for learning different belief systems and testing out what fits you best. If it weren't for this site, many would be lost.

• Believer
    Believer
    When you ask if some one is a believer, I have to ask: Believer in what?
    Belief is a very big subject. Do I believe in a God? Yes, although I prefer to keep my opinions to myself these days. Do I believe the Earth is flat? No. Do I believe the Watchtower? No. Do I believe in the scientific method? Yes.
    So what are we talking about?

JeffT, I can’t speak for everyone, but when I refer to a ‘believer’ I’m referring to a person who believes in the reality of loving, all wise, Creator God. I distinguish between a lover of God and a lover of a religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit