Why Are You Here?

by Believer 133 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I'm not sure if this is spillover from JWR or just coincidence but the religious nuttery factor on this forum has gone up markedly this past week. It feels like a cult recruitment drive by the usual suspects has aligned with the return of Larsinger58 and all his alter egos at the same time.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    It feels like a cult recruitment drive by the usual suspects - WMF

WMF, It's obvious you dislike people who have a belief, but Believer is not trying you to believe what she believes at all. It is in no way a recruitment drive. If you feel people are pressuring you to do something by what they are expressing then just don't read it. You are jumping to stupid conclusions without any hard evidence.

Believer, I welcome you here to this board to discuss anything JW related or belief in God. I am here to support you if you need it and so are many others.

Kate xx

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I was referring to the feel of the forum this past week, not just this specific posters contributions.

You are jumping to stupid conclusions without any hard evidence.

There's some real irony right there me thinks. I wont dignify the rest of your gibberish.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    I was referring to the feel of the forum this past week, not just this specific posters contributions - WMF

What do you mean the feel of the forum? It feels great to me there are lots of new posters and they are all unique with lots of different stories. It feels fine to me and I appreciate all their posts.

I am glad you're not talking about Believer specifically, all new posters need to feel supported I think.

Kate xx

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Why Are You Here? - weren't you taught the birds and the bees? It's simple.

Because my mum and my dad drank a couple of bottles of cheap red plonk one Friday night and went up to bed for a nice screw - without condoms or the pill.

Nine months later, my mum squeezed me out ...

• tornapart
    tornapart

I'm here for a few reasons really. With family still in I feel I need the support with others going through the same thing. I want to be on top of what is going on in Jdubland, who knows when I might get something juicy where I can drop seeds with family/friends to help wake them up. I like seeing what beliefs others turn to after leaving, I find it very interesting. Although I'm still a believer I'm open to lots of new ideas to think about. Not into debating much though, I don't feel it's necessary for me (and I don't feel knowledgeable enough to contribute much) but I like to read a few of them though, as long as they stay respectful. Once it gets into name calling and becomes like a children's playground I lose interest.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

I went from belieber to agnostic to atheistic in probably the course of one year. I find all established religions to be old, crusty, obsolete and a waste of time and intellect. I'd like to move to a country where I never have to hear a believer whine about being criticized. I'd like to move to a land where I never saw a burqa, cross, church or JWBOrg again in my life.I do find more and more of an attraction to non denominational buddhism, but buddhism on my terms, not Buddha's. If there is a god it is the earth. The angels are the flowers, butterflies and songbirds that own the sky.

I'm quickly tiring of religious debates, philosophical debates and debating for the sake of listening to one's own voice. I wanted to help newbies make the transition from a cult to a life of freedom, but I feel like many of them would be offended by my disgust for faith and religion. Perhaps my run here is winding down. It's been a good run though. I owe a lot to this forum...

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Hello Believer welcome to the community, good to have diversity in beliefs.

So am I a believer? Well I spent 45 years in the bOrg, dedicated my life to a belief system imposed by men. I indoctrinated my children forcing them to believe a fantastic tale of a talking snake, magical fruit and a pissed God, set out to vindicate his sovereignty on the blood of his subjects. I’ve given so much to theism the belief in God to the belief in something greater than us.

I can’t imagine that after 45 years of reading, studying and praying to a god and yet, still no definite conclusion. Then what does it take? It took less than 6 month to deconstruct 45 yrs of belief. I simply used the method set out by the Watchtower to expose false religion and turn it on them. Then I took the same methodology and the bible came up short as well.

I come off as a atheist by my comments but I consider myself agnostic with a sense of humor slowly the tide will change and I’m afraid I will subscribe to the logical conclusion of atheism. I normally don’t debate about the existence of god, I just don’t see the point, I really don’t know.

I come here to help others in this very difficult transition of exiting their way out of this cult and into society. Also in the hopes that I might find proof of an intelligent design. Perhaps someone might come here with evidence, solid proof of the existence of God. But so far the front is quiet and the attempts of some to start the conversation is usually based on faith, belief with evidence contrived from a emotional experience not based on something you can weighed, measured or test. I can only imagine if God wanted me to find him, come to him or in some way take notice of his presence he can overcome any obstacle presented by apologist as to why he simply can’t. Until then I will voice my dissent for the life destroying propaganda the GB regurgitates and nobody is allowed to question.

• sir82
    sir82

this forum which is clearly hostile to believers.

How strange. You are supposed to welcome challenges to your faith:

1 Peter 3:15:

But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have, but doing so with a mild temper and deep respect.

• Believer
    Believer

Recognizing hostility is not the same as avoiding challenge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit