Microphone Problems

by JH 8 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Did you ever have a lousy microphone handler stick that darn microphone either too close or too far from your mouth?

How about when you had to read something in the bible or read your watchtower and the microphone was blocking your sight and you couldn't see what you had to read.

What other problems did you encounter with the mics?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Main problem was that it was very difficult to see up women's skirts when I was passing the mics, except for that tease Kristy ********** who never seemed to wear any *****.

Oh sorry, side tracked. We had this one doofus mic handler who thought he was cool keeping the mic in his back pocket. I mean GROSS! This mic was like touching the man's ass and then you had to have it up to your mouth. No "fruitage of the lips" could dispell the horror we all had. Finally he farted accidentally one day when the mic was back there. The accoustics of that fart were something to behold. After that I think he got counseled to hold the mic properly.

Before that, of course, there were mic-poles. And yes, they were always shoving them in people's teeth, face, etc. but i think it was partially because they were so awkward to hold in some aisles.

• Jourles
    Jourles

#1 problem with wireless mics ---------> LOW BATTERIES. You can always tell when it starts to crap out and the transmitter in the mic does not have enough current to operate. It usually hacks the person's comment also, making it inaudible with the noise coming from the mic.

It's funny to watch two or three wannabe "knowledgeable" bros scurrying to the rear to "fix" the problem when all they need to do is replace the battery pack with a fresh one. The entire KH looks back at the poor bro running the sound board thinking it is his fault in some way.

• JH
    JH

How about exterior interference, did that happen.

Once I heard a voice in the speakers coming from a taxi or police car, passing in front of the hall. Everybody laughed.

Knowing what frequency the transmitters operated at, a person outside the hall in the parking lot could have disrupted everything.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Well, JH, knowing the frequency, and standing outside, with some good info on the WTS sure would fun now wouldn't it?

• Nomad Soul
    Nomad Soul

Before I decided to stop going to the meetings, I thought It would be funny to exchange the CD that was going to be played next day. It was #2. So I burned a copy of a Techno CD I have, and since my Dad is Ministry Servant, I took his key at night and went in there and swooped the CD. Next day I went, and when it was time to play it. I was in for a laugh, they played my CD for about 10 secs before they turned it off, and noticed the CD was replaced. So they had no choice but to sing withouth the music. They never suspected it was me, but they sure took the brother in charge of the sound system in the backroom after the meeting.

• breal
    breal

I was told not to bother trying to answer at the meetings until I spoke louder as the microphone controller could not raise the volume up enough for people to hear me.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Gitasatsangha,

During my time in the org, I had heard stories of a mic assistant answering the call of nature whilst 'on duty', placing the mic in his back pocket, but neglecting to turn it off, before letting rip with some devastating blasts of flatulence. The results resounded around the meeting before someone was able to quieten the situation. I had always viewed it as some sort urban myth, but nonetheless hilarious.

Nomad Soul - I liked your form and would have loved to have been at that meeting and to have seen the look on the face of the guy looking after the sound.

cheeses - who enjoys a bit of mischief.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Cheeses, odds are it happened to more then one idiot. But it definately happened to the one I knew. I still remember his name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit