Unwitnessing

by Biahi 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Biahi
    Biahi

I “unwitnessed” at work yesterday. In case anyone doesn’t know, I retired last year from the post office. After being home for 5 months, I got bored, so I went back to work where my husband works. That is the place where he has been over 40 years. I met him there, and was previously there 16 years, so they knew me and my work ethic, hired me back immediately.

Anyway, I’m in the office, he is production. Yesterday, an order came across my desk for (an industrial product). For THE WORLD HEADQUARTERS OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES. LOL.

I was then able to tell a co worker that this was a cult, and explain why. Then I said that he knew what to say to them when they knock on his door. His reply, “I usually just tell them to f**k off.”

So, my message to anyone from headquarters who monitors these sites, is this: APOSTATES ARE EVERYWHERE. And we will not be silenced. 🤭

• blondie
    blondie

I did that after I stopped attending any jw functions. I did not advertise my past status, but I would "say, my family are witnesses, I could help you 1. stop coming to your home 2. how to stop your friends/relatives getting involved with them, 3) what things you could share with them that would surprise people. It worked very well. A co-worker's daughter was getting numerous visits although she said she was "not interested." I asked had she taken any publications from these jws. Well, she had so the jw thought here was a hot prospect. Told him that his daughter should take no more material from them and say they should never come back again or she would take stronger measures. My doctors have asked me questions that they had outside work. I don't make a judgment or personal opinion, I let them share their own. I have probably over the years, convinced at least 50 people to get unentangled. I have a good thing I use, "What do you think?" and let it sit there.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BIAHI:

At about 6 yesterday evening, I heard a knock at my door.

Without opening I asked loudly, ‘who is it?’ They answered they were missionaries.. I said loudly, ‘I’m not interested!’ They asked: ‘do you know anybody who might be?’ I answered: ‘I can’t speak for other people but I’m not interested. Have a nice day!’

When I looked out my window I saw two young guys with black backpacks. I can’t imagine they were JWs because I don’t recall them carrying backpacks and I don’t think they would have called themselves missionaries. If they were JWs I might have enjoyed asking them some questions and watched them struggle to answer!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

LongHairGal,

Most likely they were Mormons. Two young guys with backpacks and saying they are missionaries is the norm for them.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Blondie: I saw witnesses calling on my Hindu next door neighbor. I asked him if he was interested, he said no, he took literature to be polite, and now he can’t get rid of them. I had him bring up JWfacts.com on his phone. Next time they came, I told him to bring that up on his phone and show it to them. After he did, they never came back, 👍🏻

• Roddy
    Roddy
    I can’t imagine they were JWs because I don’t recall them carrying backpacks and I don’t think they would have called themselves missionaries.

I think they were Mormons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit