A DILEMMA. MOTHERS DAY, BIRTHDAY, AND ANNIVERSARY.ALL ON THE SAME WEEKEND

by xjw_b12 4 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Here is a unique xjw problem, I've never had before. " When we were Soldiers JW's "

CJ and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary on Sunday May 11.

It so happens, that is also Mothers Day, and to top it all off, Monday is her xxth Birthday.

I'm curious to get people's opinions re: 3 gifts, or 1 big gift, or any other suggestions.

I'm especially interested to hear from those of you who fall into similar circumstances, ie Birthday at Christmas etc.

xjw_b12 of " the non-fluff post for a change, class "

• Angharad
    Angharad

Thats a weird concidence. We had a similar thing this year as Mother's day in the UK fell on March 29 (although we havent personally got into this yet) which is also my birthday and then it was our Anniversary on the 1st April.

We dropped the kids at my parents and went off for an overnight break at a hotel/health spa

Happy birthday/mother's day CJ & happy anniversary to you both

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have a daughter who has a birthday on May 12. I ask what she wants - 2 small or one large. She usually wants one large

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

WW!

Can May get any better than that? Lucky CJ!

Spoil the hell outta her. But have fun doing it

Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday & Happy Mothers Day !!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Angharad.

That is too weird, but funny. Glad you and Simon can do that. Before CJ and I " left ", we used to do up the anniversary thing Big Time....just like that.

CJ's mom and dad would take care of the kids, and we would check into a hotel ' spa with the mirrored hot tub...just feet from the king size bed, and have the fruit and champagne delivered to the room. It was awesome.

The birthday thing was acknowledged, secretly between us, and on Mother's Day, I would always take her out for the Mother's Day Brunch, but because we went out for brunch on a semi regular basis, it was never frowned upon.

So now that we are in the open, I think I should do more, but CJ disagrees. Her parents are still jw and of course " not available " to take the kids " ( haven't had contact in years ). I would so like to get away with her for a romantic weekend, but it's not going to happen.

I think I will do the the Mother's Day Brunch as we always have, and a small gift for the birthday, and a special romantic gift for our Anniversary.

That's in addition to the breakfast in bed on Sunday morning of course. I even clean up afterwards !

Lady Lee The one large gift IS a temptation. ( Does a new vehicle count ? )

RAY. Thanks. You bet I'm going to spoil the hell out of her..........she deserves it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit