Christ's Brothers

by enoughisenough 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Cooperate With Christ’s Representatives

Shortly before his death, Jesus mentioned another way in which we can follow his leadership. He said: “He that receives anyone I send receives me also.” (John 13:20) In fact, Jesus spoke of his anointed representatives as his “brothers.” (Matt. 25:40) After Jesus had been resurrected to the heavens, his “brothers” were appointed to act in his place, “substituting for Christ” as ambassadors inviting others to become reconciled to Jehovah God. (2 Cor. 5:18-20) Our recognizing Christ’s leadership involves submission to his “brothers.” ( this from WT 11/5/15 pg26,27 ) Why am I post this? They use Matt 25:40 to support the anointed and tells us to be submissive. Today, we understand the parable of the sheep and the goats clearly. We know that “the Son of man,” or “the King,” is Jesus. The King’s “brothers” are those who are anointed with holy spirit and who will rule in heaven with Jesus. (Romans 8:16, 17) “The sheep” and “the goats” are people from all nations. They will be judged toward the end of the great tribulation that will soon begin. And we know that Jesus will judge people according to how they have treated the anointed ones who are still on earth. We are so grateful that Jehovah has helped us over the years to understand this parable and the other parables in Matthew chapters 24 and 25! ( March 2015 study edition-Loyally supporting Christ's brothers. Now note what Mark 3:35 says :King James Bible

For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother. /// so I guess only 144000 out of all mankind can do God's will! (a bit of sarcasm Here!) Anyway this is another example of how the JW cherry pick scriptures to support the hierarchy over the rank and file. So if you type in Matt 25:40 into a search at JW org, a become Jehovah's friend video will show up ...a song and other info for parents to use with the kids. ( I didn't go to far into that material, but it is indoctrinating the kids to support the "anointed"-which I find rather disgusting these days.)
  • FFGhost
    FFGhost

The funny part is, Jesus tells exactly who his “brothers” are in a direct, clear quote in Matthew 12:50:

”For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, that one is my brother and sister and mother.”

Nothing about “144,000” or “anointed ones” or “little flock”. It says “whoever.

What’s that line the JWs like to trot out? “The Bible interprets itself”?

I guess it does, except when it doesn’t.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The plainest reading would refer to other Jews, Jesus' kinsmen.... as his brothers. Specifically, the 144K male Jewish virgins that will appear during the Great Tribulation. More generally, as FF Ghost pointed out:

”For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, that one is my brother and sister and mother.”

And what is the Father's will?

In desperation a jailer asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” Paul and Silas said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” And that night, as Paul and Silas shared “the word of the Lord,” salvation came to that jailer’s household.

Whoever gives up their love affair with trusting in religion, good works, government, men in general, and puts trust in Jesus will be saved.

He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool - Pr. 28: 26

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. - Ps. 146 3

The reason the WT has been so successful is because a lot of people really just want someone they can see to tell them what to do. It really is about that simple.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I am wondering in over 50 years how many times I have read the scriptures at Mark 3:35 and Matt 12:50 where Jesus himself defines his brothers, and never one time thought the slant the WT put on it. was questionable. Sea Breeze is correct in some people wanting someone to tell them what to do...I don't think that is myself...I just thought them Bible Scholars who knew best. Now I see some of rather glaring untruths they have taught and think, how could I have been so gullible because you don't have to be very much of a Bible Scholar at all to see it. ( I have been posting about some topics that are so out in your face that I just didn't see -so I found this statement of Jesus that is so plain and yet overlooked because of the JW filter and group think)

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

And the sheep inherit the kingdom like those they call Jesus brothers. They can keep saying let Bible should interprete itself but we know they don't follow that mantra

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    They can keep saying let Bible should interprete itself but we know they don't follow that mantra

You are correct. Here are some of their tricks:

1. They take a verse like Romans 6: 7 out of context and use it to deny the purpose of Jesus sacrifice.

2. They go back to the Old Testament and find a scripture that suits their purposes, then use it to override an established NT doctrine.

3. When they run accross a NT scripture that proves their new doctine to be wrong, they give it a symbolic spin and say it's not meant to be understood literally.

I believe that WT literature is specifically designed to innoculate people against receiving the 'simplicity of Christ".

2 Cor. 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

I was pretty much an atheist for around 8 years after leaving. As I began to understand the depth of various deceptions, I got to wondering why would anyone put forth so much complicated effort to obscure the biblical narrative, unless there was something to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit