Christianity's teaching/s 'untenable' and out of step with society....

by BoogerMan 3 Replies latest social current

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

....according to lesbian comedienne.

"The Archbishop of Canterbury has conceded progress on same-sex marriage in the Church of England would be "glacial", Sandi Toksvig has said. The comedian revealed she had met Justin Welby for a "long-promised coffee" and the meeting had been "calm and considered", but the church's position was "untenable". In a video, she said it was clear the "Church of England and the society it purports to represent are not remotely in step". They met after she expressed her dismay last year that the archbishop had reaffirmed the validity of a 1998 declaration by the church that gay sex was a sin." (https://news.sky.com/topic/church-of-england-8602)

The archbishop has recently said he welcomed the Church of England's proposals to bless same-sex married couples, but said he would not personally carry them out due to his "pastoral relationship for the whole communion".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Looks like it's not only Jobots that get 'new light(tm)'.

They've got to keep the money rolling in somehow.

• Reasonfirst
    Reasonfirst

.... and the Pope has very recently pronounced that, "homosexuality is not a crime." How that sits with the conservative clergy in his church is still unknown (at least to me). It's interesting that he apparently decided to use the word 'crime' and not 'sin.' What affect this has on penitent 'gays' is also not apparent.

But certainly, as punkofnice commented: "it's not only Jobots that get 'new light(tm)'."

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    There are many PIMOs in other religions as well. These folks fit that definition to me. They want the community and possibly believe some of the doctrine but biologically disagree on this particular matter. I feel for them like I do with PIMO JWs who don't belong but can't seem to leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit