My Grandfather has been bleeding.

by joe134cd 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

My grandfather has been bleeding and the doctors suspect it could be the medication. Any way I was with my father coming out of the doctors office. When he matter of fact told me that they wouldn't be taking him up to the hospital for a blood transfusion. I was tempted to say what if he also required an organ transplant? What would be the story. I bit my lip. If push really came to shove I know I would speak up but If the problem corrects itself, and I can avoid having to have a confrontation in front of him I will.

• whathappened
    whathappened

So sorry. Hope your grandfather recovers.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

From the details you provide I have to conclude that he is not taking enough of this "medication."

He needs to double the dosage as of last week, unless he is too week to get the damned caps off, in which case he should triple the dose and stop keeping it in a case.

I hope this has been helpful, it helped me.

Your Gramps and I were great buddies during the war. How he won I'll never know.

• prologos
    prologos

Sorry to hear, I hope your grandfather has the sense that his life is fulfilled. even in you, no matter what happens.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It's not like life or death at the moment. But they are doing tests to find its source.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Are these tests written or oral? Essay or multiple choice? I'll never understand the health-care system you have in (insert country name here).

They may find their time is best spent looking for a wound. Wounds are nearly always a source of bleeding. They ought to start by having him remove most of his clothing too, because embarrassment and/or a chill can aid clotting, I think.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Joe, that is worrisome. I hope they find the source of his bleeding soon and do something about the medication he is taking (if they can).

Many years ago, I went through this with my m-i-l. She had been taking steroids for years for her asthma and it eventually caused internal hemorrhaging. The "wound" was internal.

But, the steroids had given her many years of life she wouldn't have had otherwise. Sometimes, that is the best a person can hope for.

It is unfortunate he won't take blood. So sad to say no to life

• steve2
    steve2

I trust your grandfather will seek medical advice. Is there some way you can seek advice on his behalf. Some medications such as aspirin thin the blood and reduce blood clotting which in the elderly can lead to bleeding and difficulties stemming it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit