Eagerly anticipating the death of billions!

by stuckinarut2 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I think those people are having a good laugh in the "Whose got the silliest hat competition"!
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good post, BluesBrother.

I think within the movement, it's just 'normal' - the way it is.

Maybe, with the WT constant demonization of 'the world', JWs may view all outside their group as criminals, sexual deviants, etc.

I left in early 2007, and it took me some time to realise that most people outside the movement are fairly nice.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

🐯 Lion, thinks to himself......

"65 million years of evolution for this....posing with a beachball for a crowd of half - witted comedy hat - wearers. "

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Of course there's other mitigating elements to why people become involved in this religion, outside of well we better do this so that we aren't destroyed are selves. To be realized though there is a pressing amount of fear imposed and utilized by the WTS to allure people to their organization via the literature the WTS produces.

Religious beliefs as its known can be absurd and perhaps delusional at best to non-believers..

I think whats more important is how certain religious leaders provoke and influence into people's social behaviors toward themselves and the rest of humanity who are not in the exact same stream of beliefs.

• fukitol
    fukitol

Funny how something otherwise totally morally repugnant and horrific becomes morally justifiable when an ancient bronze-age deity is doing it.

EUTHYPHRO DILEMMA!

• Saintbertholdt
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, I hear your comments, and I think it's unjust. But let me ask you, how do you get rid of a Hornets nest? Do you hit it with a stick? or, Do you find that a more extreme action is required? There are a lot of Disturbed Hornets in this world.

When Nato attacks ISIS there are some civilian Casualties, sometimes.

I believe in a intervention, but I'm not quite convince that the WT has the right understanding.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was in the truth(tm), I justified such horrific slaughter as Jehovah(tm) doing it the best way. Yes, that old magic psycho in the sky would read hearts and do the ultimate right thing!

Now I know it's all poppycock. There never was a Jehovah(tm)....that's why you can't see him and he doesn't talk back to you if you pray.

A world without god is no different to a world with god.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Bumped for a new "generation" of forum members...

It still amazes me that witnesses can somehow do the mental gymnastics to let themselves actually happily look forward to seeing BILLIONS of people killed!

Also, seriously, why do they get so upset when some sort of tragedy strikes that kills people? After all, those that die get a resurrection right? So it is actually a GOOD thing if people die in some disaster according to witness ideas??

The sick twisted mindset that allows witnesses to think it is OK for mass genocide is truly disturbing!

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

I don't think many JWs actually look forward to it, but they pretend to. I know that when I was a kid I feared armageddon - not only the projected catastrophes and mass death - but I also wasn't so sure I would survive either. So I was afraid, but I pretended I wasn't and acted as if I knew I would survive and inherit the kingdom and live forever.

This fear also drove me to witness to all the kids at my school. It was the only way I could justify befriending anyone. Otherwise why bother getting emotionally attached to people I knew would die horrendous deaths in the near future?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit