Pharaoh tries to kill all male babies - later Moses orders the very same thing!

by George One Time 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Your AVENGER is like a bad superhero

You are talking to the wrong person.

18 But you may keep alive all the young girls who have not had sexual relations with a man.
    Nu 31:35 The women who had not had sexual relations with a man amounted to 32,000 women

No more could these women produce babies that would grow up to AVENGE their MIdianite fathers. And neither could any survivor of that bunch. But only these girls were allowed to live and produce sons to Israelite men.

VENGEANCE!!!!!!!

VENGEANCE is not paid to the liking of some.

• blondie
    blondie

Was he using that ability when he had the Israelites kill the babies at the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah and when the Israelites invaded Caanan? At least the babies in Canaan will be resurrected.

(Deuteronomy 20:16, 17) 16 It is only of the cities of these peoples that Jehovah your God is giving you as an inheritance that you must not preserve any breathing thing alive, 17 because you should without fail devote them to destruction, the Hit′tites and the Am′or·ites, the Ca′naan·ites and the Per′iz·zites, the Hi′vites and the Jeb′u·sites, just as Jehovah your God has commanded you;

(Joshua 10:28) 28 And Joshua captured Mak·ke′dah on that day and went striking it with the edge of the sword. As for its king, he devoted him and every soul that was in it to destruction. He let no survivor remain. So he did to the king of Mak·ke′dah just as he had done to the king of Jer′i·cho.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Pharaoh tries to kill all male babies

God retaliated:

5 "and every firstborn in the land of Egypt will die, from the firstborn of Pharʹaoh who is sitting on his throne to the firstborn of the slave girl who is working at the hand mill, and every firstborn of the livestock."

Vengeance.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Was he using that ability when he had the Israelites kill the babies...

No; he should have sent them all your way?

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Fisherman. You're defending infanticide. That is indefensible. Only monsters murder babies.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sorry I cut off the sentence before Fisherman.

PP2 In a sense, Jehovah can put himself in the place of others, and he has given us that ability.

Was he using that ability when he had the Israelites kill the babies at the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah and when the Israelites invaded Caanan? At least the babies in Canaan will be resurrected.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/394450002/blondies-comments-you-will-hear-07-26-2015-wt-study-imitate

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Was he using that ability when he had the ISRAELITES kill the babies at the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah

What are you implying?

and when the Israelites invaded Caanan?

I already answered that in my post.

At least the babies in Canaan will be resurrected.

Commentary

Before a person moves into a new home, who should feed any cockroach eggs and baby rats living there? Send them over?

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    Before a person moves into a new home, who should feed any cockroach eggs and baby rats living there? Send them over?

So human babies are comproable to cockroach eggs and baby rats because their parents don't share the same beliefs.

• blondie
    blondie

Fisherman, I guess I seem not to made the point clear, did god put himself in the place of those babies at the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, and "soon" Armaggedon who were not old enough to understand how to make the decision to serve god but died forever at those events and coming event per the WTS? AT least the minor children killed by the Israelite soldiers at the events in the scriptures above, will have a resurrection. As a child I understood that my future depended on my jw mother who sometimes went a whole year doing nothing as a jw, and then running back when she thought the end was near, only to go back to her inactive life. Meanwhile my siblings and I during those periods she did nothing, wondered if we would die because of her because we were too young to go to the meetings on our own and no one seemed concerned at the KH that we weren't there. I never saw other jws gather up inactive jws young children, and even if they did, the elders told them it didn't matter because the custodial parent wasn't doing it (e.g. no good for grandparents to do it).

I'm not trying to rile you up and accuse you of saying some inaccurate just sharing my thoughts.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    hehalapeno, are you having it your way now?

What did the Europeans do to the Mexican fathers, their women, their children, their land, their wealth? And now the babies of the Europeans kick you out from the land that belonged to your fathers -your land- and dominate you. A very crude example in the inverse to show you what babies have done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit