Pharaoh tries to kill all male babies - later Moses orders the very same thing!

by George One Time 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• George One Time
    George One Time

So many things that I just discoved about the Bible.

De kleine Mozes die in een mandje ligt en moet huilen

So from the book My book of Bible stories, we all know how little Moses was saved from a cruel Pharaoh. Of course the king of Egypt was afraid that those cute little babies would endanger his empire eventually. He was worshipping pagan gods, so what would you expect?

But since Moses was raised in Pharaoh's house, surely that cruel thinking had an influence on him. Or would Gods holy spirit protect him?

Now the man Moses was by far the meekest of all the men on the face of the earth. -Num 12:3

Was he really that meek?

Now you should kill every male among the children and kill every woman who has had sexual relations with a man. But you may keep alive all the young girls who have not had sexual relations with a man. Num 31:17,18

That is what Moses did to the Midianites. Even all the baby boys were to be killed, not the female babies.

As a witness I read the Bible several times, how could I be so blind?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Yes, it's all nonsense.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

The bible is a fairytale book of HORROR STORIES about a petulant vindictive BiPolar god.

The stories are also less believable than anything Disney has put out - we just ignored the idiocy.

If you have not watch this funny video of Sampson - do yourself a favor. IT IS AMAZING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRh7W-Bsg5g

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That's a very good point. We are supposed to be horrified that Pharoah would kill all those babies, but we are supposed to forget the horror and just say that killing all those Midianites, including babies, was because they were a nation against God. Those children had nothing to do with any issues or wars.

And don't forget WHY they kept the girl children alive- now there's a horror story.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yes, the world view in regards to Nazi atrocities, appalling. But when it comes to Moses deeds, it's the will of GOD and that is different.I say BS...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, and acts like incest were bad, unless your name is Lot, when it was ok to commit incest with your own daughters, and father children with them....

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

A bit off topic but look at the proportions of that baby's head compared to it's arms...and what about the eyelashes and the size of it's nose, not to mention it looks to be caucasian. How did this picture ever get passed for production?

One of my final conclusions as to whether the JW's have the truth, had to do with them still claiming these "stories" were literal.

• steve2
    steve2

A bit off topic but look at the proportions of that baby's head compared to it's arms...and what about the eyelashes and the size of it's nose, not to mention it looks to be caucasian. How did this picture ever get passed for production?

Forget the kid. What about the woman's manicured nails? All perfectly sized and shaped, as if she has just had a morning appointment at Nail World.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

Well, the woman in question would have been Pharoah's daughter. Now I'm not sure if manicures were a thing back then, but if anybody would have had one, it would have been her.

• blondie
    blondie

Later the Israelites soldiers were ordered to kill every breathing thing...............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit