MEMORIAL - Should JWs be commemorating the memorial of Christ's death?

by deegee 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• deegee
    deegee

1Corinthians 11:25-26:
    “In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death UNTIL HE COMES.” (emphasis mine)

The JWs teach that Jesus Christ returned in 1914 when his kingdom officially took power and he began active rulership toward all the world. So the JWs should have ceased commemorating the memorial of Christ’s death since according to their theology, Jesus returned in 1914.

http://mmoutreachinc.com/jehovahs_witnesses/1914.html

*****What is Truth? (1932) p.48*****
    “The prophecy of the Bible, fully supported by the physical facts in fulfilment thereof, shows that the SECOND COMING of Christ dates from the fall of the year 1914.” (emphasis mine)

*****Watchtower 1933 Dec 1 p.362*****
    “The year 1914, therefore, marks the SECOND COMING of the Lord Jesus Christ, the King of glory.” (emphasis mine)

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/failed-1914-predictions.php

So since Jesus Christ already came in 1914, no need to continue commemorating the memorial of his death.

• jhine
    jhine

l see your thinking , but l am sure that they would have a reason , of sorts , for this .

Jan

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I'm sure Jesus will tell them when to stop.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Let Jesus tell them when. As that thing doesn't exist, they are going to be waiting for quite a while to get the signal.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

A very good point deegee. Sorry, but I have to point out that your post smacks of thinking for yourself.

What must be done at all cost is to stamp out this this dangerous practice of rational thought.

You must wear a blindfold and ear-plugs and just believe in the seven baboons of Brooklyn...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit