What if your mother tried to cut her heart out?
- This is the title of the latest episode of a podcast called "This Is Actually Happening". I love the podcast and imagine my surprise when this title came up. Imagine the surprise when I realized this was about Jehovah's Witnesses. I encourage you to find and listen to it. Maybe it will bring back memories of mental illness and dysfunctional family like it did for me. I would re-title the episode " Jehovah's Happy People " personally, but they didn't ask me.
- Yeah, but her dad couldn't have fixed her mom anyway, or the JW life. Those were the two biggest contributors to the problems. I think JWs both attract and create mental illness. The daughters had a measure of the created type. I went through different but similar circumstances and came out of childhood with some myself. I'm curious as to when the mom came into the religion. Regardless, JWs are the mentally diseased ones.
- I think she said the father was 6 when his parents converted, and the mother was born in. The abuse would have been the catalyst for the depression followed by not seeking professional help due to the cults demonization of psychologists ect. I have 2 friends who were severely depressed when dubs to the point of attempting suicide, within a few years of leaving they have both fully recovered. Some personality types become depressed under the strains of a control group in my opinion. Thanks for sharing the story BTW.
- Oh yeah, I think most people become depressed at a minimum when living inauthentic lives as JWs. Almost everyone I knew had some sort of mental disorder or weird pain issues because the human person isn't designed to stuff everything inward and live to meet impossible standards set forth my others. Everyone breaks in some way. I tried to pummel my body and lead it as a slave and ended up depressed, suicidal, with major anxiety issues. The "truth" almost killed me. It truly destroys lives. Those still in are miserable just under the surface.
So, when I click on the link, how do I get to the first episode? Thanks, it sounds interesting.)
*** or , webisode.
- I'm just subscribed on my podcast player of choice (Podcast Republic) from my Android phone. Looking at the SoundCloud link, I think you can click on the logo for the show to go to a main page with all of their shows starting with the most recent. I think this was the first episode involving JWs, but there are lots of fascinating stories there.
Good stuff, I'll check t out. I'm housebound, and always looking for some good viewing material. Thanks, dub. :)
- Sorry to hear you're housebound. Just FYI, these are audio only. If you want some audio recommendations though I listen to find of interesting podcasts every day while I work. I can PM you a list sometime if you'd benefit.
- Just downloaded. Thanks for sharing