Jehovah's Witnesses... who is the Creator of the World?

by JW Answers 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW Answers
    JW Answers
    Jehovah's Witnesses, who is YOUR Creator?
    In this video, I explain who the Creator of the heavens and the earth is, according to the Bible.
    Is the Creator the Lord Jesus or the Father?
    Watch now here
  • cofty
    cofty

The man who never answers is back!

I would love to chat to you about this topic if you are up for it.

I challenged you previously to state the Trinity succinctly in your own words, without resorting to esoteric theological terms, and without self-contradiction or heresy.

Still waiting. Don't feel bad I have offered the same challenge to lots of christians over the years and have still to yet a sensible response.

Edited to add - I have a prediction. You will ignore what ought to be a simple challenge &/or resort to personal attacks.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

By looking at the new testament foremost, John explains right from the outset, that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Creator.

John 1:1-3 KJV
    “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.”

He explains that there was not anything made (created) without him putting His hand to the creation.

As we look at the Apostle Paul's view, he is in the same mind as of John. Paul explains the following:

Colossians 1:14-17 KJV
    "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.”

Again, Paul re-emphasises with John that the Lord Jesus was the one who created ALL things.

As we look deeper in the scriptures in the book of Hebrews, we read a conversation from the Father towards His Son, the Lord Jesus.

Hebrews 1:8-10 KJV
    “But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:”

The Father explains (mostly for our benefit) that the Lord Jesus was the One who created the Heavens and the Earth, showing forth that He (Jesus) and He alone, by Himself was the creator, and He put forth His hands and created the Heavens, as the Father said unto the Son.

As we go back into the Old Testament, the bible explains that the LORD created the Heavens. By which the Jehovah's Witnesses will now say "This was Jehovah, the Father". However as we look at it from these verses, we have a slight problem IF the JW's are correct.

Psalm 115:15 KJV
    “Ye are blessed of the Lord which made heaven and earth.”

Psalm 115:15 NWT
    “May you be blessed by Jehovah,+The Maker of heaven and earth.

The bible in the NT explains that the Lord Jesus is the creator, yet in the NWT, the JW bible says "Jehovah was the maker".

As we search deeper within, we come across the following passages.

Nehemiah 9:6 KJV
    “Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.”

Nehemiah 9:6 NWT
    “You alone are Jehovah;+ you made the heavens, yes, the heaven of the heavens and all their army, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. And you preserve all of them alive, and the army of the heavens are bowing down to you.”

So, according to the NWT (The JW bible) it is Jehovah the Father (in their understanding of God) who is the creator. Yet, we come across some confusion here, indicating WHO actually created the heavens and the earth?

As we come to Isaiah, he writes that the Lord HIMSELF, ALONE was the creator.

saiah 44:24 NWT
    “This is what Jehovah says, your Repurchaser,+Who formed you since you were in the womb: “I am Jehovah, who made everything. I stretched out the heavens by myself,+And I spread out the earth.+ Who was with me?”

Isaiah 44:24 KJV
    Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

This shows that either there are some confusion going on between what John and Paul has said, or the Watchtower have it wrong.

Also, Isaiah explains that The LORD created the Heavens ALONE, yet we are reminded in Hebrews that the Father explained that the Lord Jesus was the creator, who alone created the world...

So, either the Watchtower have a god who causes confusion... OR the Lord Jesus Christ is the Lord God. (Not the Father, but another person within the Godhead)

Watch further for more details.

• cofty
    cofty

So my prediction was right then.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

The man who has responded... don't be quick to judge...

• cofty
    cofty

My prediction was spot on — You ignored the challenge AND accused the person asking the question.

Despite all your epic videos you fail spectacularly as a christian apologist.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

According to the Bible and JW beliefs - Jehovah made Jesus and Jesus made everything else. All of which is man made fairy tales, so it's like arguing over who is stronger - Superman or The Hulk.

• waton
    waton
    a god who causes confusion... OR the Lord Jesus Christ is the Lord God. (Not the Father, but another person within the Godhead)JWA

I like to hear your take on the father, seemingly disinherited by the Lord?

not taking sides, just literature curious.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

"was with God, and was God" ... it's sad that "John" starts off his gospel by violating the logical absolutes right out of the bag.

Simon was with Cofty, and Simon was Cofty. Makes perfect sense doesn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit