Changing Truth........

by integ 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• integ
    integ

I was at the book study last night and the Elder conducting was talking about the old assemblies, like 1935, when Rutherford exhorted everyone with an earthly hope to stand up, and half the crowd stood up, then Rutherford said "Behold the Great Crowd" or something to that effect, which was a departure to previous doctrine of one distinct class of salvation inheritors. To which the Elder conducting commented "We see here how Jehovah has been progressively revealing his truth to the faithful and discreet slave class all through the ages"...He then said "We'll just have to see what CHANGING TRUTH is revealed at our next assembly...I'm sure we are all looking forward to these NEW TRUTHS". Are'nt we all on this forum looking forward to these 3 days of spirtual nourishment?

• Spudinator
    Spudinator

Yes, I am eagerly waiting for the District Assembly to be over. Then I can get on with the rest of the summer in peace.

Its always humorous to see how many folks don't show for months afterward at the local meetings. Kind of like the "spiritual refreshment" wore them all out. What is even funnier is that most of the regulars and elders will acknowledge this.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LOL @ "new truths"

I suppose God's sole inspired Prophet on earth with divine direction either misinterpreted the message in the first place to have to change it? Or did an Almighty God simply change his mind and do a complete 180 despite the fact that people died and were shunned for heeding a WT law that was later removed? LOL

JW are morons.

• integ
    integ

What's so ridiculous is the statement itself 'New Truths". Truth is truth, it does'nt change. SPECULATIONS change. Someones PERCEPTION of what they INTERPRET as truth. But Truth itself does not.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Excellent point. I agree 100%

You have to remind yourself however that in the mindset of a JW anything is possible to defend the religion.

They truly are pathetic aren't they?

• integ
    integ

Pathetic is a perfect word to describe them. I almost feel sorry for them...But I'm too p##$%@ off. Breathe in, breathe out, that's it.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I am eagerly waiting for the District Assembly to be over. Then I can get on with the rest of the summer in peace.

I hear this time and time again from my JW relatives. but yet they still insist on passing that big bag of guilt around to each other and grudgingly going to those assemblies listening to yet another mind-numbing manuscript talk renamed and hashed yet again for the 6654987654665657654654654th time.

It's a shame that they can't face the reality that they can't stand being their either, yet falsely encourage each other to go to bolster the pretense that their so "spirituality".

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

New truths hah? In the mean time lives are ruined and people die, God doesn't change his mind, a few imperfect men in Brooklyn do. Victorian Sky

• greven
    greven

The new assembly:

Speaker: "Everyone that knows we are God's channel, please stand up!"

**the entire crowd stands up**

Speaker: "Behold the Great Shroud"

Greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit