Put one of these in your window

by onacruse 9 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

ELECTRIC SIGN

For your homes and other places, to call attention of all passers-by to the kingdom message which Jehovah has entrusted to you to dispense. This sign is attractive. The wording on the inserted signs can be changed at small cost, and the Society will supply such changed from time to time so that they will be uniform throughout all the earth. The Society will fill the orders at once, shipped to any address in the United States, at $1.50 each, remittance to accompany order. If possible, order in lots of two at least, as they are packed two in a carton. They come complete with cord, flasher, electric bulb and sign. Groups should order these through their company servant, sending in one order for all required by the group.

w36 338

Boy, what with the sound cars, sandwich boards, radio programs and portable phonographs...no rest for the wicked, eh? LOL

Craig

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

ROFLMAO

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    They come complete with cord, flasher, electric bulb and sign.

Oh now wouldn't that just look lovely in the front window right flashing off and on all night right next to the Miller Lite electric sign?

BUY MORE WATCHTOWERS

• greven
    greven
    The wording on the inserted signs can be changed at small cost, and the Society will supply such changed from time to time...

In other words: New Light

Greven

• els
    els

Is this for real?! els

• Matty
    Matty

We used to put posters advertising the public talk at the district convention in our front room window. We also tried to get shops to do the same thing. Does anyone remember doing this? I can only barely remember it myself, it was a long time ago.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Matty, boy you dredge up some long-forgotten memories when you mention stuff like that!

Yes, I remember we would put a sign in our car, advertising the Sunday Public Talk of the upcoming assembly. All the JWs would, and as we were travelling to the assembly site, we would look out for other cars also displaying the sign ("oh look, they must be Brothers!!")

This is going back to the 1970s and early 80s. I don't remember the car signs being used after the early 1980s.

We also used to hand out tracts, advertising the Public Talk. We would go door-to-door, inviting people to attend the Public Talk. Not-at-homes would have the tracts left under the door.

• Matty
    Matty

I'm sorry I rekindle all your yukky dub memories Pris! Yes, the posters would say something cheesy in big coloured letters like "Divine Whatever - Salvation Near At Hand etc.. - A. Schroeder - 3pm Sunday 23 rd July Rugby Union Ground Twickenham - Admission Free, No Collections".

How embarrassing!

• Faraon
    Faraon
    They come complete with cord, flasher, electric bulb and sign

Boy, they weren’t lying: here are a few selected definitions found at http://dictionary.reference.com/

In the tradition of the Borg, I will only copy and paste only those definitions convenient to me.

cord:

A slender length of flexible material usually made of twisted strands or fibers and used to bind

A hangman's rope.

An influence, feeling, or force that binds or restrains; a bond or tie.

flasher:

One who engages in indecent exposure; an exhibitionist.

Bulb:

A modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure

A rounded part of a cylindrical instrument (usually at one end)

A rounded dilation or expansion in a canal or vessel or organ

Sign:

A body manifestation that serves to indicate the presence of malfunction or disease

One of the 12 divisions of the zodiac, each named for a constellation and represented by a symbol.

• onacruse
    onacruse

els, yep, that's a quote.

Matty & Prisca: Boy, you must both really be old farts! LOLOL (One punch from each of ya)

Here's another one, for your general amusement (bold added):

Watchtower June 1, 1932

“VINDICATION” TWO AND THREE

Since the publication of Vindication Book One many inquiries have been received at this office concerning the further explanation of Ezekiel’s prophecy. It is now the pleasure of The Watchtower to announce Vindication Book Two, which deals with chapters twenty-five to thirty-nine inclusive; and Vindication Book Three, which deals with the remainder of the prophecy of Ezekiel and contains an explanation of Jehu. It is deemed important that Jehovah’s witnesses acquaint themselves with the contents of these books as soon as possible. They are now in course of manufacture and will be ready for distribution about July 13, 1932. To meet the initial and extra cost of composition and plates the Society will deliver the autographed edition of these two books for $1.00. There will be only a limited number of this edition. The regular edition will be ready later for general distribution. In organized companies it will be best to send all orders through the service director.

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit