Bethel respond to this!

by ISP 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Witnesses abstain from blood, right…..cool. But] they will eat blood that is contained in meat i.e. steak etc. They say that…..’You gotta be reasonable about this!’ So they end up eating some blood in the meat but excuse themselves. ‘That’s what happened in the mosaic law’. But so what! Witnesses are not under the Mosaic law. They are under ‘Abstain from blood’ (Whatever that means) So why? Who says God would approve of eating blood however miniscule the amounts involved. After all consider the MINISCULE amounts involved here!

Take the matter of plasma-you get Df’d /Da’d for taking it.

*** g76 3/22 9 That Amazing Fluid Within You! ***
    It is a complex mixture with two basic parts. The largest part is the fluid or plasma. It is 91.5 percent water, but it contains hundreds of chemicals and soluble constituents, such as hormones, sugar, salts, cholesterol, proteins, minerals, and so forth. The other basic part of your blood is the “solids” or formed elements that are carried in the plasma.

So Plasma is 90+% WATER and the rest is FRACTIONS. So why do JWs eat whole blood quantities….in meat and yet reject Plasma? How can God be easy going to allow you to eat whole blood amounts in meat whereas he would condemn you for having very small amounts of fractions in plasma, particularly as he says fractions are OK on their own but mix them with water and it is unacceptable.

ISP

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Because the GB like steak? They like meat? They came up with the ridiculous blood policy before any of them got old enough to need it?

I think that it's interesting the number of blood fractions that all of the sudden are ok. Any of the GB getting old? Need those fractions?? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

. o O (slipnslidemaster)

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

ISP:

From what I can see JWs don't abstain from blood, they abstain from whole blood transfusions.

As you pointed out, they ingest whole blood when eating (unkosher) meat. They receive blood products in vaccinations. They receive a lot of residual blood when receiving organ transplants. They receive transfusions of "approved" fractions. In addition, as someone once facetiously pointed out, all Witnesses have blood flowing through their veins (although some might be of another opinion), and would have to remove all the blood from their body to completely abstain from blood.

Only when trying to save God's most precious gift -- life-- do they refuse God's symbol for life --blood.

CPiolo

• terraly
    terraly

I was just talking to my girlfriend about this actually. We were cooking steak, and I kept referring to the blood which was coming out, and she (no longer a witness) kept correcting me, saying that it was just "juices". She was being ironic of course.

Nonetheless, it got me thinking. Do Witnesses in general always refer to the liquid which runs out of raw meat as "the juices", or some similar euphemism to get around the fact that they are in fact consuming blood (and liking it if they like their steaks rare)?

I'm looking forward to a family reunion and hoping we have steak so that I can loudly proclaim how much I like mine nice and tender and bloody.

I mean, actually, when you get to thinking about it, what the heck are they doing here? Witnesses merrily eat blood, perhaps nearly every day of their life, yet they will kill themselves and their children rather than take it in another form (one which is not mentioned as being wrong)? How, how can anyone actually be comfortable in their own minds with this fact?

• Englishman
    Englishman

Terraly,

Good point, when JW's were quizzed re the juices that ran out of a steak, they would say that if it was blood it would congeal.

I was taught that this was, in fact, simply "interstitial fluid", that contained no blood.

Englishman - who will eat a fillet steak absolutely raw.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Englishman - who will eat a fillet steak absolutely raw

eewwwww!

Prisca (who's rather have her steak well-done)

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I seem to know very few JW's that like their steaks anything but well done.

It took me years before I knew the total enjoyment of a rare steak!

. o O (slipnslidemaster)

• goo
    goo

i knew of a brother, he was on his death bed, dying after refusing a blood transfusion, whose last words to his teary eyed family, gathered despairingly around his bedside, were that his last meal had been a big plate of dripping with juice rump steak.

goo.

• mommy
    mommy

Englishman,
    I love raw steak! Just warm it up on the grill give me a salt shaker and I am in heaven. mmmmm Thanks now I know what to make for dinner.
    wendy

Terraly,
    I agree with you as well. Sorry Englishman got me hungry and I forgot to mention you
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit