Back To The Future

by 1234 2 Replies latest jw friends

I started to post this to "Gorbatchov" question.

The world will not be the same. We all know this.

The voice of "Christmas Future"

The governments will infuse trillions of dollars into the corporations, not its people. This money of course has no real value. It hasn't since 1935 when we went off the gold standard. Because of this, the corporations will survive the coming crash. Why? Because government IS big business.

There was a lot of personal freedoms (human rights) that went away after the 9/11 event and most if not all will go away in the future as we head into Orwellian times.

As George Carlin once said "There are no rights, only temporary privileges."

There will be a collapse bigger than 1929. However the banks and major corporations will survive it, They will consolidate their power. They will bring that power to bare on the those who are not in their club. "The useless eaters" as they like to call us. There will be no "Go Bags" because you are not going anywhere!

People will finally realize that the world was never really run by politics and religion but by big business....just watch the movie "Network."

If you are in an industrial nation everyone will be required to join their club, whether you want to or not. Everyone will get their chip inserted into them, or who knows maybe it will be injected by way of a vaccine that people will line up for.

People in third world countries and those already living off the grid will fair better than those who are still playing games on their TVs and cells phones.

So your only choice will be which subsidiary of the only 5 corporation left in the world you will be working for. "Hi my name is Tommy I work for Safeway a division of Exxon oil."

In the end they will have control of 80% of the planet as we head into...."1984"

There is another option. There could be an uprising.

In which case the movie goes from "1984" to "Mad Max" which is also very scary.

Don't think this is a possibility? How much has your world changed in just three weeks!

Your thoughts?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Other than staying at home (Cabin Fever!!) not much has changed.

We're not out of TP or bleach and thank Dog, we're not out of booze.

Running business things from home (as I usually do). Employees all deemed "essential" and everyone is working. Seems that there are A LOT of exemptions for "essential" services. All of our children apparently have "essential" jobs as they are all working too.

Just saying.............

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

About every 70 years or so the economy cycles into a depression which soon turns into war then prosperity again. The cycle can be broke but history shows it has'nt. With every depression comes great prosperity for the rich. Now the fly in the oniment today is how intertwined all the economy's of the world are. Who knows what will happen if all the world went into a deep depression. Will war be the only option? Will world governments work together? Maybe a one world government will evolve from it all, one not run by political leaders but one run by greedy corporations. Enough of my paranoid thoughts.

Most likely we are headed for a very deep recession with many small and middle size businesses going out of business. My advice is learn how to grow a garden and preserve food. Learn about the medicine chest/weeds you have growing in your back yard live very frugal and learn fundamental skills in house repairing and mechanics. If you live near or in a town get a bicycle or walk. Exercise will do you good. These are things my grandparents told me about what they had to do and more to survive the great depression of the 1930's. Good luck to all. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit