How about this?

by Wonderment 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures Released in Fon

https://www.jw.org/en/news/region/benin/New-World-Translation-of-the-Christian-Greek-Scriptures-Released-in-Fon/

But how about this?

Wikipedia states under "Fon Language > Machine translation efforts":

There is an effort to create a machine translator for Fon (to and from French), by Bonaventure Dossou (from Benin) and Chris Emezue (from Nigeria). Their project is called FFR. It uses phrases from Jehovah's Witnesses sermons as well as other biblical phrases as the research corpus to train a Natural Language Processing (NLP) neural net model.

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

A machine that was trained on WT speak!!!

With the high frequency of quaint expressions in WT-speak it would be amusing. I remember growing up hearing foreign language versions of the WT publications thinking Bible Study phrasing was a weird religious sort of talking, somehow special, and I associated it with speaking "The Truth". (Like system of things for world, and offspring for children, etc) Come to find out as I grew up it was just awkward and inadequate translation of peculiarly cultish, idiosyncratic speech.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

The JW lexicon grows and evolves like an encrypted code for users. Basing anything on their latest terms is a recipe for pending obsolescence.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Any idea on how many people can both speak and read the Fon language?

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

doykl:

Per Wikipedia:

It is primarily spoken in Benin, as well as in Nigeria, Togo, Ghana and Gabon, by approximately 2.28 million speakers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit