My neighbour's views on J.W's

by Phizzy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I came across a Thread on a Site for Neighbours, which includes quite a wide area really, many square miles containing a lot of villages, and a couple of Towns. It is so we can swap unwanted goods, inform each other of local crimes and scams etc, and we can Vent.

There was a Post that said the lady did not want this crap coming through her door, a Letter and a Tract from a J.W. I won't Post the Thread here , as at least one XJW is on there, but ALL the comments below her Post were anti-JW ! one was kind to them and said they honestly believed the crap they spouted, but still said they were a pain in the arse.

I think the return to annoying people with DtoD will be harder than the JW's imagine, they have already annoyed people with unsolicited Letters !

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I do not find that surprising. People are constantly harassed by unwanted solicitations, though here it is mostly unwanted phone calls from "robots". Being on the "Do Not Call" list has no affect. We receive many solicitations by a card placed on our door knob or stuck in the door (kinda like JW tracts), but almost no one actually knocks any more. For one thing, I think most are smart enough to have come to the conclusion that no one is at home in at most residences during the day. At least the letters are easy to toss into the "round file" and typically they look so unprofessional (hand written, by kids who are "pioneering"). I think the heydays are over for WT.

• Ding
    Ding

Most people neither know nor care what JWs believe.

They find their door to door witnessing annoying.

But they aren't interesting in persecuting Jehovah's Witnesses.

They just wish they could find a way to avoid them.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

As a sidebar=> The leadership doesn't care if the "outside world" hates the membership, just as long as they are able to get as many donations as they can obtain plus have the data/census info to be reported to the world's governments in order for it to maintain their 501c3 tax status. As ANTMO remarked in one of his defunct videos: "It doesn't matter to me us!" 😒

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The main teaching of Jehovah's Witnesses is that there is no salvation outside if the Watchtower Organization and obedience to the Faithful Slave is required for God's approval.

Here is a Jehovah's Witness educating a questioner about this key teaching.

https://youtu.be/xEXfuVPGNrw

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It was interesting how Non JWs expressed their real feelings about the Jobots after I left the filthy, disgusting cult.

Suddenly, they were more genuine with me and not 'respecting' my idiotic point of view that was brainwashed in to me by the GB(tm) (PBUT).

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was telling a friend of mine, who i knew for 20 years before Im left, where I had got to, my realisation about the org. and what they really were, and he said "Well yea, but we didn't like to tell you".

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

all the time i was a dub--i was embarrassed about it--and didnt want anyone to know. But over the years ( since i quit ) i have been open about it--and have been very surprised how many other ex's i have met.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yes "Stan", I'm the same, was deeply ashamed to be a J.W when very young, and kept quiet abut it through adult hood, until I left, then I talk about it, if it comes up. Everyone I have spoken to either knew someone or was an ex or sort of. The last lady I spoke to in a shop where I was buying a present for a J.W whose anniversary it was, told me she attended from her very early years until her teens.

I had explained I wanted something a bit special, as J.W's don't get Birthday and Christmas prezzies, so an Anniversary one is a bit special. That's when she told me, and hinted she stopped going because some Bro. was a bit "strange" toward her, ........yea, I thought that too !

What has amazed me is that the general Public don't know anything much about JDubs, some confuse them and Mormons.

But as I said in the O.P, lots seem to be getting really pissed off with the J.W "preaching" methods, good !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit