Wow! 2700 plus topic about our friend Lloyd Evens

by new boy 4 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Well, I haven't been here in about 5 months. Ever since my ex-pioneer partner and Bethel roommate Roy Baty died.

Looks like I've have missed out on some fun. I'm afraid I haven't read all 2700 post about Lloyd but I think got the jest of what is going on.

All I know is I heard The Watchtower Bible and Truck Society gave Lloyd some serious money and an all expense paid trip to Thailand just to shut him up.....not really I guess he did it for free.

Not that it matters but I never really like him for a couple of reasons.

1. The title of his book is a lie. "The reluctant Apostate" He loves his activism, since this is his only source of income. In fact if something ever did happened to his chief adversary he would be screwed. He would have to go out and get a real job.

2. If he really wanted to help people with their perception of the WBT society he would care about what people thought about him personally and his physical presentation. He looks like someone who just spent the night under a bridge. He might has well put tattoos on his face. He looks like someone who doesn't give a shit. And what is with all this stupid "Star Wars" stuff he decorates his office with? He comes off as someone who is mentally about 15 years old.

3 If you want to talk the talk you better walk the walk. If you want to attack a hypocritical religion. Then you have no choice but to be squeaky clean yourself. As we know, just like the egomaniac leaders of the religion he is attacking its easy to start buying into your own bull shit...."that's the ticket"

Which brings us to number 4.

He even looks like Judge Rutherford,

5. So just like all false religions the end never will justify the means.

Rest in peace Lloyd you played right into theirs hands of the Society's perceptions of what they want their followers to believe what apostates look and act like.

• Simon
    Simon
    The title of his book is a lie. "The reluctant Apostate" He loves his activism, since this is his only source of income. In fact if something ever did happened to his chief adversary he would be screwed. He would have to go out and get a real job.

Nah, I think it's accurate. He's not an apostate because he disagreed with the WTS and left on principle. He's an exJW because they got sick of him and kicked him out. I'm guessing to protect their members from his uncontrollable penis, exactly the kind of thing they should do.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The sooner the name of Lord Avons becomes anathema, the better.

anathema (noun)
    1. something or someone that one vehemently dislikes.

2. a formal curse by a pope or a council of the Church, excommunicating a person or denouncing a doctrine.

Maybe he can become involved in some other issue that needs a prevaricating parasitic narcissistic

sociopathic leader.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's one of those threads I haven't bothered with.

Mr Evans is not a celebrity in my eyes. (I don't do celebrities, it's fake adulation. they're no better than the next person).

I'm more focused on my family.

My days of 'activism(tm)' are behind me. If people want to stay in a dangerous cult, that's their business. In a 1000 years time, they'll all be long forgotten like the rest of us.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Mirror-Mirror on the wall, who's the most neck-bearded of them all?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit