When will the construction at Warwick finish?

by no-zombie 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

I'd like to as the question, when will construction at Warwick finish? Will it be before the 2017 AGM?

I'm asking because, if the construction is basically finished by then, the GB could be free to release more 'new light'.

Its hardly likely that they would announce big changes that might effect the willingness of their laborers to continue working for free. So I'm sort of hoping, all the big stuff will be done by then.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi no-zombie

I'd like to as the question, when will construction at Warwick finish? Will it be before the 2017 AGM?

I think it was announced at the the 2016 AGM that next year's AGM, in October 2017, will include the dedication of Warwick? so I kinda guess it'll all be completed by then?..... or will it?.....

Public tours of Warwick are starting on Monday 3 April 2017.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwqmWMK7dwtlcEh4OEFBdVh3amM/view

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Probably never.

There'll always be something there that needs building fixing.

'Specially if they keep getting "volunteers" to do the work. :smirk:

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I'm asking because, if the construction is basically finished by then, the GB could be free to release more 'new light'.

What does the announcement of their so-called new light has to do with finishing a building? And what exactly is what you're hoping? Personally I can't care less about anything they say, but I just wonder what do you think it's so relevant that is worth such expectations?

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

hi scratchme1010

Its clear that the GB don't really care about the brotherhood in any way or on any level. What they do care about is money. But free labor equals money too. And one day, when they are forced to disavow some a long held teaching, whether it's 1914, blood transfusions, disfellowshiping or admit to the child abuse situation, they will find that quite a few may no longer want to turn up at construction sites ... and the GB will have to start paying for "worldly workers". And it would be terrible for them to withhold some "new light" just because their lake-side palace isn't quite finished.

And I actually do look forward the the AGMs and "new light". Not because I believe in, it but because I hoping that they one day they will say or change something that might get my family to start thinking. That all ... you got to have hope.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I think your making a good point no-zombie. Consider this........ back in the very early 1960's the Bethel brothers were paid $14 a month and yes they had free food and rooms. The food was so so and the rooms could hold upwards of 5 or 7 . In return Bethelites worked a 5 1/2 day week in a factory or as a cleaning lady or kitchen duty. That $14 a week meant that the Society was paying them 30 cents an hour. I think the $14 a month was to cover subway tokens so they could get to the KH 4 times a week.

It really became noticeable when they encouraged free labor to build KHs and maintain their growing real estate holdings especially in Brooklyn and the Branch's. Free or very cheap labor is a huge part of their profits each year. WTBT$ is the way they should describe themselves.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

And one day, when they are forced to disavow some a long held teaching, whether it's 1914, blood transfusions, disfellowshiping or admit to the child abuse situation, they will find that quite a few may no longer want to turn up at construction sites ... and the GB will have to start paying for "worldly workers". And it would be terrible for them to withhold some "new light" just because their lake-side palace isn't quite finished.
    And I actually do look forward the the AGMs and "new light". Not because I believe in, it but because I hoping that they one day they will say or change something that might get my family to start thinking. That all ... you got to have hope.

Well, hoping for that one day seems like a lot of waiting time for something that may or may not come. To me that looks like still playing by their rules, not to mention that it seems based on one and only one perspective about the whole thing, that is, trying to have an awakening based solely on what they teach.

In your original post you don't mention anything about your family, nor about your stance around your believes (or not) in them, nor about your relationship with the WT, hence my questions, and they were only questions, not meant to attack you.

Since there's an investment in your loved ones in that organization, then it's perfectly understandable that you may want certain things to happen to shake up your family's ties with them. Perfectly understandable. However, please keep an open mind, as there may be other ways in which people may wake up, not only by the Wt changing something.

Again, it's not only what the WT teaches what keep JWs being JWs; please consider what that organization gives them that makes them feel comfortable and at home. Whatever that is, for as long as they get that need satisfied, there may be not one change that they make that will have them question their faith.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When will the construction at Warwick finish?

When it`s time to "Flip It" for Cash..

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$..

The WBT$ isn`t Running a Charity..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Outlaw - "When it`s time to 'Flip It' for Cash..."

They could give David Miscavige a good deal... :smirk:

• Caminante
    Caminante

The organization already moved to Warwick in September this year. The January episode for JW Broadcasting was already taped in the Warwick studio.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit