Find Family Happiness

by jp1692 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• jp1692
    jp1692

The other day my wife and I were in Sonoma. We were just walking around enjoying the pleasant afternoon in the quaint, old downtown area when I saw two JW women standing by their “witnessing cart.”

Normally, I just ignore them whenever I see JWs standing by a cart, but I gotta admit it: this time it really bugged me because of the title on the cart: Find Family Happiness.

I was just going to walk on by, but when one of the women made eye contact I just couldn't help myself. I spontaneously blurted out, "You're messed up religion destroyed my family. You should be ashamed of yourself claiming to help people 'find family happiness'!"

Not too surprisingly, she immediately looked away and the other woman suddenly became very preoccupied with something on her cell phone.

I have to admit that I had some mixed feelings about the whole encounter. I am well aware that my behavior likely just invoked their pre-programmed response of the "angry apostate" stereotype. But I also remember that there were more than a few times when I was in the "field ministry" and I encountered angry people. Rarely could any of them articulate their reasons for being angry. Several were so upset they could barely speak. One young man even became violent and physically attacked the other person I was with requiring me to restrain him.

After every one of those times I always walked away wondering, "Why are they so upset? Why are they so upset they can't even explain it?"

Now of course I know.

And so I'm not in the least sorry that I said what I said to these two women. In fact, I'm glad that I was able to say specifically and clearly that it is their religion that directly caused the breakup of my family.

Their. Religion. Destroyed. My. Family.

Perhaps the cognitive dissonance I created within them will resonate for a while. Maybe it will even help one or both of them wake up before their family becomes yet another casualty of this cult.

Rant over.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Didn't you start a thread previously about this JP1692 ?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It's GROUNDHOG DAY!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit