Article: Autopsy: Prince Died Of Overdose Of Fentanyl

by AndersonsInfo 7 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/06/02/prince-autopsy-death-toxicology/

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO/AP) — Autopsy results show that Prince died of a self-administered overdose of Fentanyl, and his death was ruled accidental.

The 57-year-old singer was found dead April 21 at his Minneapolis-area estate. The findings confirm suspicions that opioids played a role in the musician’s death.

After he died, authorities began reviewing whether an overdose was to blame and whether he had been prescribed drugs in the preceding weeks.

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Fentanyl is more potent than morphine, and is “sometimes used to treat people with chronic pain who are physically tolerant to opiates.”

The autopsy report released by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office listed his weight at the time of death as 112 pounds.

An attorney said Prince had agreed to an intervention for painkiller addiction the day before he died.

Prince’s death came less than a week after his plane made an emergency stop in Moline, Illinois, for medical treatment as he was returning from an Atlanta concert. The Associated Press and other media reported, based on anonymous sources, that Prince was found unconscious on the plane, and first responders gave him a shot of Narcan, an antidote used in suspected opioid overdoses. READ MORE

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/06/02/prince-autopsy-death-toxicology/

• baker
  • sparky1
    sparky1

Another two-faced Jehovah's Witness living a double life. Who would have guessed it?

How do you like your TIN GOD now Governing Body(tm) of Jehovah's Witnesses?

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

Should make for quite a story if connection made connecting the pain killers to Princes bad hip joints and his JW 'policy' of blood prohibition preventing joint replacements.

• just fine
    just fine

I just hate that people are DF'd for the same thing and Prince gets a JW funeral.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I feel bad for him. The guy was in terrible pain. But also I'm angered 'lesser' drone type witnesses are punished for the same thing.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I do not feel bad for PRINCE. With his millions and millions of dollars he could have afforded the best Orthopedic surgeon in the world, with a highly competent team of assistants, that would have provided him with bloodless surgery. His millions and millions of dollars could have purchased him the best surgical, medical, psychological, chiropractic, physical therapy, nutritional and addiction treatments not available to the common man. I did not know the man personally, but it seems to me that he was just another drug addicted, two faced hypocrite that happened to call himself a Jehovah's Witness. And the Jehovah's Witness religion and their Governing Body (tm) lapped up the notoriety because he seemed to be 'living a clean' lifestyle. I have a business associate from Minnesota whose son went to some of the concerts and 'jam sessions' at Paisley Park. He told me that Prince would always tell his audience NO drugs, NO smoking and NO alcohol allowed. Then he winked at me and said 'but as you know Sparky, we never know what goes on behind closed doors.' Prince wouldn't be the first entertainer to cultivate a public persona that was nothing like his private life.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

So glad to see others of the same thought.
    I tired of the constant posts re Prince right away and reminded my friends that this was a guy who got away with what so many others would have lost so much for just because of who he was. The hypocrisy is astounding.
    I don't even know where to start on him.
    It's sad that he's passed, and that he left behind loved ones. But the bs being spewed about him is nauseating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit