The Watchtower—Study Edition | July 2023 Satan uses an ''anesthesiologist'' for his ''crafty acts''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

The Watchtower—Study Edition | July 2023

STUDY ARTICLE 31

“Be Steadfast, Immovable”

9 Subtle pressures. Satan uses “crafty acts” in addition to blatant frontal attacks. (Eph. 6:11) Take the example of a brother named Bob, who was hospitalized for major surgery. He informed the doctors that under no circumstances would he accept a blood transfusion. The surgeon agreed to respect his decision. However, on the night before the surgery, the anesthesiologist paid Bob a visit after his family had gone home. He told Bob that blood would likely not be given but that they would have it on hand just in case it was needed. Perhaps the doctor thought that Bob would change his mind without his family around. But Bob remained steadfast, stating that he was not to be given blood under any circumstances.

Collage: 1. The tall building shown earlier still stands while other buildings around it have collapsed after a natural disaster. 2. The brother shown earlier sits in a hospital bed talking with a doctor late at night.

Here is faithful brother Bob! He needs major surgery. He tells his doctors that he's a Jehovah's Witness, and refuses a blood transfusion if needed during surgery. The surgeon respects his decision for no blood during surgery.

Now, Satan steps in to try to change Bob's mind about taking blood. Satan ( using crafty acts) has the ''anesthesiologist'' pay Bob a visit. He tells Bob that blood will be on hand in case it will be needed. Bob remains steadfast.

Can the Watchtower Society explain how Satan gets involved in Bob's situation? How does Satan get this Doctor to do his dirty work about taking blood? Can Satan be this powerful that he uses every circumstance to make every Jehovah's Witness disloyal to Jehovah?

I don't believe in Satan and had a hard time as a Jehovah's Witness, that Satan had as much power as Jehovah!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

R.I.P. Bob.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Suddenly, I’m picturing Linda Blair in scrubs. 😏

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I recently had a procedure done where they asked me several times if I consented to blood if I needed it. Of course I said yes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit