Terrorist attack in Belgium

by ILoveTTATT2 40 Replies latest jw friends

• mana11
    mana11

Smiddy,, IS is ISLAM, Sunni v Shia.

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

"What exciting times we live in, we must be so close to the end".

This is what the witnesses say everytime something like this happens. How they can consider people being killed as exciting is beyond me. But then again God is going to destroy billions at Armageddon and they are eagerly waiting for that to happen!

I can't believe I once believed the same way.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

what did Belgium ever do to anyone - well, Belgium did instigate colonial rule in what used to be called the Belgian Congo (the same area that used to be called Zaire and is now DR Congo).

But this has nothing to do with the Muslim World or the Arab World, so The Guardian has gone with the idea that these attacks are 'revenge' for Belgian authorities arresting the ring-leader of the Paris massacre, Abdeslam.

Apparently, some more suspects are on the run. Hopefully the authorities will hunt these animals down.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/22/brussels-attacks-show-how-global-terror-networks-act-local

• zeb
    zeb
    I fear the outbreak of ground warfare in Europe and greater spread of terror attacks.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Unfortunately there is no easy solution to terrorism. It's a faceless enemy filling its ranks from all walks of life, requires little in the line of logistics, plays by no rules, is dedicated to ideology instead of compassion and is single minded in its quest. It also has a temporary status. What do I mean by that? Let me try to explain.

To those agreeing with the ideology they are freedom fighters and if freedom is won, then that is how they will often be viewed by history. South Africa's ANC and its armed wing, Rhodesia's ZANLA, the Vietnam Cong, innumerable South and Central American guerilla parties, the French Resistance- they were all once regarded as terrorists by someone but today they are either viewed as freedom fighters against oppressive powers or as legitimate governments. Ultimately the freedom fighters themselves did not win but helped garner attention for their causes with violence so that political discourse was finally seen as a solution to end the violence. This is the ultimate goal of terrorism, to use violence to force a favorable political outcome.

No matter how many bullets are fired, bombs dropped and terrorists killed, fundamentalist terrorism will not go away until either a compromise is reached (which rarely ever works) or one side completely caves in and negotiations are a farce more than an agreement. Until Muslims themselves make an attempt to stamp out fundamentalists amongst themselves, it will continue with different names and flags regardless of how much non-Muslims resist. Their support system has to cease support, it's as simple as that. What is not simple, is making them see that.

• Kick50r
    Kick50r

As in all recent "terror attacks" I expect that before that , some laws were being considered in the E.U. that were not pleasant to everyone. After the attack , usually , those same laws that were being considered are no more, and a NEW law is approved over night in a hurried meeting , that will be public knowledge only years later.

In the meanwhile , political partys, individuals and organizations "insist" that the only thing to do , is invade those countries with "boots on the ground" , wipe them all out , make them adopt our "perfect democracy" while what is done is destroy those countries infrastructure, stealing resources.Later U.S./U.K. CORPORATIONS rebuilt all of that and enrich themselves.

In the meanwhile , our Corporate media BEFORE investigations are made already has the case figured out, AS IT WAS THE CASE OF 9/11 BUILDING STANDING IN THE BACK WHILE THE PRESENTER WAS SAYING HE HAD FELL.

Interesting to note though the comment above that says that in a posh school with good connections "some" parents apparently cancelled the trip to Brussels and advised all to do the same.

NOW, either there was a message from god telling those parent what to do ,OR they have conections with terrorist organizations. I fail to see the 3rd option atm.

Take Care All

• talesin
    talesin

smiddy, one of the problems (in my pov) is that the US is no longer dependent on OPEC for oil. Lessons were learned during the earlier crisis (late 70s, early 80s, line ups at gas stations, etc.). The USA gets 25% of its supply from Canada, which is its largest current supplier. ME countries no longer have that control. The balance of power with 'oil' has, once again, shifted. This has been going on since the mid-20th Century. OPEC was formed when the Arabs got sick of being treated like they were stupid, and raped of their profits. They spent decades paying 'us' back. Now, the tide is turning, and the days of fossil fuels are numbered. I think that the USA and the Saudis are partnered in the next phase of suppressing greener energy's availability to the public (we have the viable technology) in order to squeeze every last cent out of the oil business. *shrugs*

hahah, "You'll take my [oil profits] when you pry them from my dead, cold, fingers." ah, memories

• talesin
    talesin

I remember the IRA, and did quite a bit of reading on the history before the 60s. It's the only war of terrorism that I lived, watched ... in the end, what was it proven to be about? Not religion, but oppression. It just so happened that the ruling class was CofE and the oppressed class was RC - for centuries! Was the Church involved? Yes. But the root cause? Oppression of an entire country, an indigenous people, by an outdated colonial ruling class.

It's all about money and power - religious fanaticism does not exist in a vacuum. There is a reason people turn to it, just as they do to any fanatical ideology. Sound familiar? We know that cults recruit the weak.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

the only way that is going to happen is by foot soldiers on the ground , otherwise this will go on for decades .

It is now time Terrorists must feel the terror of the free world.

I agree, this terrorism is going to continue unless you attack the heart of the problem and that is fundamental Islamic adherence such as the sharia law inspired ISIL., Daesh, El Qaeda, , Taliban ..etc.

There has to be a clear defining message that extends all over the world that this kind of social behavior is unacceptable and will be dealt with in the strongest way. fear to repel specific action in other words.

If death isn't deterrent for these terrorist in their suicide pact then your have to work on their psychology before they become suicidal terrorists.

• kaik
    kaik

It is crucial to mention that every single country in the EU and Europe enabled these terrorist attacks. From London and Madrid, the political correctness of the liberal-left refused to acknowledge any problem and actually made the situation even worse. Currently there are hundreds of ISIS trained terrorists in Europe who welcomed everyone with open arms without any background check. There will be more deaths and more attacks, but it will change absolutely nothing on the ground.

The liberal-left have to acknowledge they are facing a hostile ideology that is based on religion. They are refusing to see the problems and will rather sacrifice such crucial piece of democracy like freedom of press and speech. They will blame Americans, Russians, and single out everyone who disagree with them as a racist and nationalist. More people will die. I already said under the Paris attack board, how many lives are acceptable for EU left in order to build their multi-culti utopia?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit