Terrorist attack in Belgium

by ILoveTTATT2 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung
    They allowed radical imams financed by Saudi oil money to unleash their views upon young, jobless men from north-African descent without any future.
  • talesin
    talesin
    And this is how some people repay the Belgians!?

Not 'some people' - specifically, terrorist organization that seeks to create fear and hatred world wide. And what better way to target the 'innocents'?

Hoffnung - Indeed. Addressing the issue of 'why' these young people are easy targets for recruitment, and who is behind it.

• adaen.europe
    adaen.europe
    I heard the JWs are going to do the Memorial in small groups.
  • kaik
    kaik

I was last time in Brussels 2.5 years ago on my way to Prague. It was one of the many visits I had in Belgium, but one thing that struck me immediately back then is how this city felt like the Middle East. I was pretty much only the white guy there walking with a laptop bag. I did not feel safe. The airport is even worse. When I waited for a flight to Prague, I was surrounded by gypsies and whatever strangely looking existence, where someone tried to rip a laptop from me.I was glad to leave.

After Paris attacks, it was clear that something else is brewing and Brussels was mentioned multiple times that it is a hotbed for terrorist attacks. There were several arrests of French and Belgium citizens with ME descent who were smuggled weapons from Ukraine into Schengen zone via Slovakia and Poland. This will be very difficult summer as European LE do not have government backing to deal with the crisis. The liberals will try to sweep everything under the carpet.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Is are a bunch of nutcases and unless you do totally what they want for the rest of your life then you are against them and are the enemy
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm shocked that there is this kind of violence there.

Don't they have very aggressive gun control laws?

Guess they couldn't get a gun, so they used a bomb.

Doc

• kaik
    kaik
    It is just tip of the iceberg. Couple months ago, Czech police was tipped by Ukrainian authorities that they had indication that people of ME descent with French and Belgium nationality were shopping for weapons in Ukraine. Ukraine is full of weapons that spilled there from the conflict in Donbas. Four men were arrested on the way back on Czech/Slovak borders per news with stockpiled weapons in their car. There are indication that weapon smuggling into Western Europe is increasing through borders. Because Hungary is sealing borders left and right, these leaves Poland, Lithuania, and Slovakia opened to Schengen. Question is, how much intelligence can each country process and have sufficient LE on field to deal with the problem. France recognized last year that they do no not have sufficient resources to handle all the potential threats. Visegrad4 had been increasing LE spending since last summer, but it is not enough. It will be matter of time when European Union will turn into Israeli like security apparatus society with guys (and girls) with guns on every corner.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Continental Europe is awash with guns.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Isis , I.S. , Daesh , whatever they call themselves needs to be eradicated from the earth ,and the only way that is going to happen is by foot soldiers on the ground , otherwise this will go on for decades .

A tit for tat scenario , is that an option for Democratic nations to accept ?

It is not only the Western nations / Europeans , that have to make up this force it must include Middle Eastern nations as well .

If Islam nations are reluctant to participate , we will all have to wonder why.? And sanctions then should be imposed upon them .

Oh that`s right we rely on the M.E. for our oil supplies don`t we .Then maybe the west needs to threaten to take over those oil fields unless the Middle East steps up to the mark.

How much longer are we going to tolerate these attacks on innocent people going about their normal day to day business around the world ?

It is now time Terrorists must feel the terror of the free world.

smiddy

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Whilst I don't question your view in principle smiddy, especially the need for the involvement of middle eastern nations, I do wonder exactly how you eradicate a viral ideology with guns?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit