Brighton RC Baptism Numbers

by konceptual99 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

So there was a peak attendance of around 8700 (as I recall - I was dozing...)

Baptism numbers - 24

So around 0.27%. It may be slightly up or down on that depending on the actual attendance.

The majority of baptism candidates were young people so very likely born-in.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks konceptual99 for the stats. Was the total attendance in accord with expectations?

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for the report Konceptual99, that number is very low which is good to see.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

That is pretty consistent with the figures given for Abbotsford BC by berrygerry in another thread.

It seems not that long ago that people were pretty chuffed when there were reports of baptism figures of 0.5%. Now it seems to be regularly below 0.3%.

Wonderous stagnation is taking place!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Well, the WTS coordinate press releases in the local press as well as providing the text for the Amex website.

You can read the text here:

http://www.eventsatbhafc.co.uk/whats-on/Jehovah-witness-convention.php

All of these press releases state 10,000 people were expected but the actual was no where near that.

The last speaker, Stephen Morris of the British Branch Committee made a big thing about two people that had turned up as a result of the invitations. This is all well and good until you consider that even if you said that 5000 of those in attendance had distributed 10 invitations each (a highly conservative estimate IMHO) that would be 50,000 invitations. Two attendees from 50,000 invites - a 0.004% return rate. What a joke.

• freddo
    freddo

24 out of 8700 eh? Pretty good result - from our point of view!

Compares almost exactly the same low % wise with the 10 out of 3600 at Exeter.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Not one of the reports I have seen from R.C's shows baptisms exceeding the "Death Rate" of a normal population.

And when you think the demographic of an R.C is made up of much older people than the normal population, these figures are the Death Knell of the Org.

They cannot even convert enough idiots to replace those that die.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

And bulk of membership passed childbearing years from what I hear, so attrition at both ends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

That's a good point Phizzy however don't forget that the circuit assemblies also have baptisms. I don't know any confirmed typical figures but I think 5-10 per section of 900-1000 would be a reasonable guestimate based on my recollection of our recent assemblies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit